Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

Can I get a bachloer degree in Chemistry and Busines (marketing) at the same time in 4 years?

business to make my own modeling agency

chemistry to get in med school

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You don't have to major in chemistry to get into med school. You can have two majors but the graduating in 4 years is going to depend on you busting your butt every semester and taking summer school every summer and crossing your fingers that the courses you need are offered when you need them at your school.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Sunny
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

My school offered a chemistry marketing degree. It was through the chemistry department, but took enough business classes it could probably have been a minor. You could look into any schools for that. I would say business classes are good before medical school just because medicine is basically running a business and physicians usually aren't trained for that.

However-if you want to own a modeling agency, what about time for medical school or having a practice? I can't name a single doctor who practices and has another business. If your goals are set to own a business, it will most likely come through in your application and interview and not help you get into medical school. Also to repeat what others have said-you can have any major you want and get into medical school as long as you have met all the requirements (medical experience is usually a requirement as well-it's not all just course requirements).

• drip
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

You are not going to have time to open your own business if you are in medical school.

You can major in anything and still apply to med school. You just need the grades.

Yes many students double major in different subjects. You would have to really work hard and take a very full schedule every semester. Going to summer school to pick up some credit hours would help

• 1 decade ago

Probably not, they are both mutually different programs with little in common yet extensive requirements of their own. Double majoring is better when programs overlap. Such as majoring in chem and bio, they are in sync.

However, you do realize you do not need to major in chemistry to apply to medical school. One only needs to complete the prerequisites for medical school which is definitely do-able alongside your business degree in the 4 years if you start working on it as a freshman.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Your employer will only know if they ask for your transcripts. No, your degree will be no different from everyone else who went to the university all four years... there prob will be a difference in the amount of debt though... the university students will prob have paid a heck of a lot more than you and have much higher debt than you. GOod luck.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can major in two things it'll just be harder. So yes it can be done in four years as long as you don't slack off.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

heck no, unless you take three or four classes every summer. Even then probably not. You would probably kill yourself trying to do that.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.