[♠] Anime/Manga Survey/Poll #4 [♠]?

[♠] Anime/Manga Survey/Poll #4 [♠]

Hello there!

Best answer goes to whosever answer that stands out the most; be it the one with a laugh-so-hard-I-pee-my-pants answer, the most informative or the one that uses an overabundance of semi-colons. You don't have to copy & paste if you don't want to, but please number your answers.

[1] If you were in an anime/manga, what would be your weapon and/or power of choice?

[2] Name some obscure anime or manga you've ever read/watched, or some anime or manga I've probably never heard of.

[3] Name some of your favourite anime (or even J-Drama) opening/end/insert themes. (Name as many or as few as you'd like and what series they're from)

[4] What final episode/chapter of an anime/manga disappointed you?

[5] What are some things that turn you off from reading/watching an anime or manga?

[BONUS]

(You don't have to answer the bonus question, but answering it does factor in when I'm choosing a best answer.)

What are your top five favourite books (novels, not manga), and the top five books you despise? (Excluding Twilight >.> I know it’s either going to be at the top of everyone’s favourite list, or the book everyone despises)

Best Answer

Hello!

♥♥ Power of Electricity and syth =3

♥♥ Beast Master

♥♥ Purikyu

♥♥ Attack no 1

♥♥ Peach - Otsuka Ai [Hanakimi]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf7pt1Afv6o

Youtube thumbnail

♥♥ My Pace - Sunset Swish [Bleach]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcTAXrFxY8Q

Youtube thumbnail

♥♥ Seishun Line - Ikimonogakari [Big Windup]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRobs5jrWF0

Youtube thumbnail

♥♥ Fruits Basket. They need to tell what happen to the rest of people, yeah REST.

♥♥ Volleyball xD

What are your top five favourite books (novels, not manga), and the top five books you despise?

novels,

♥♥ Death Note

♥♥ Kyou Kara Maou

♥♥ The Melanchony of Haruhi Suzumiya

♥♥ Tiger Eyes

♥♥ Peaches

dislike,

♥♥ Twilight

bye!

I would want wings. Really big black ones. They would be awesome.

And as fro weapons.... A sword or bow and arrow.

I don't know any obscure manga or anime. When it comes to manga I end up reading whatever they sell at Barnes and Noble, which is usually more popular series. And I watch what they play on Adult Swim.

Sad... I know.

All the music from FLCL!!!

The Pillows are amazing!!!

The end of Mars was very anti- climactic

I absolutely loved the series but after everything that happened to them I was expecting something more for the end.

I like things that are more serious. Especially when it comes to anime. I love Fruits Basket (manga) but I don't think I would enjoy the anime as much.

Drawing style is also super important to me. But a good story line can beat that. I hated how FLCL was drawn but I loved the story so much that I ended up liking the drawing too.

[BONUS]

Perks of Being a Wallflower

You Remind Me of You

(My favorite books usually end up being what I am reading at the time so these next three will change eventually)

The Great Gatsby

1984

Animal Farm

I don't have a "Books I despise" list.

[FireStarter]

If I were to have a weapon it would be a magical staff or a sword. As for power, I would choose either healing or physically controlling people somehow.

Um, the most obscure things I've read are Absolute Boyfriend and Romeo x Juliet.

-Okaeri by Ayaka - Zettai Kareshi (Absolute Boyfriend) J-Drama opening theme

-Inori~You Raise Me Up by Lena Park - Romeo x Juliet OP

-Again by Yui - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood OP

-Inuyasha anime ending - WTF was that?

-Romeo x Juliet manga ending - Little twisted, could've been better

-Length. Over 100 eps or 200 chapters is just ridiculous.

-Tons of meaningless fillers.

-Art style. Kinda picky about that.

• tikuku

Isn't this #5?? =S Y!A wouldn't let me answer your previous one -.-' I wrote it all up, but when I submit it, it goes to the "error" page D= oh wells. I shall answer this one =)

>>>Mind reading! I just always wanted that superpower. But then again if anyone had a gun or a sword, I could read their mind and all, but they could just kill meh in a second -.-'

>>>Hm...obscure, huh? Um.. Oyasumi Darling or Land of the Blindfolded - both mangas.

Fav Op:

Prisoner of Love by Utada Hikaru - J-Drama 'Last Friends'

Rose by Anna Tsuchiya - anime - Nana

The Good Feet Song by Ally Kerr - Mushishi

Fav Inserts:

Chiisana Koi No Uta by Mongol 800 - J-Drama "Propose Daisakusen"

Room 201 by Suga Shiako - Anime - Honey and Clover

Je t'aime by Spitz - Anime - Honey and Clover

Futari no Kage by Spitz - Anime - Honey and Clover

Zero by Anna Tsuchiya - Anime - Nana

Wintersleep by Olivia - Anime - Nana

Fav ending:

- Life Goes on Side D by Chemistry - Anime - Antique Bakery

- A Little Pain by Olivia - Anime - Nana

- Kuroi Namida by Anna Tsuchiya - Anime - Nana

- Mistake by This Band Has No Name - Anime - Honey and Clover

- Natsu Yuuzora by Kousuke Atari - Natsume Yuujinchou

- Aishiteruze by Kourin - Natsume Yuujinchou

>>>Last ep of Skip Beat - god that was terrible! They cut it off at totally the wrong place. Such a bad cliff hanger-ish ending.

>>>Last chapter of Fruits Basket - what happened to everyone else?!

>>>Last chapter of Beck - I wanted more Maho x Koiyuki =P

>>>Too much Mecha - just my taste

>>>A really annoying steretypical innocent and naive shoujo girl =P

[BONUS]

Top 5 Books

1)Tithe series by Holly Black

2)Uglies series by Scott Westerfled

3)Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling

4)The Golden Compass series by Philip Pullman

5)Peaches series by Jodi Anderson

I haven't read a book I didn't like. =P I am a former bookworm afterall...I have dropped some series though:

Dropped:

1)Gossip Girl - got too repetitive

2)A-List - got too repetitive too

OH I get it now...some questions are repeats...=P

(1.) My weapon... *crazy look* Could it be a magic weapon that could switch from a sword to a rifle like Yoko's from GL??? I would choose that! I would have some crazy awesome battle cry and everything! X3 Chyaa.

(2.) Innocent World - manga

(3.)Yayz!!!!!!!

>>> Daybreak's Bell by L'Arc-en-ciel (MSG00)

>>> Rolling Star by YUI (Bleach)

>>> Ash Like Snow by The Brilliant Green (MSG00)

>>> Orange Range by O2 (Code Geass)

(4.) The Special A last chapter. I didn't want the series to end, and there was no real purpose hardly of the last chappie. T.T

(5.) Too much echii, anything hentai, and bad animation or bad dubbing or even if the Japanese original voices are bad

(Bonus!!!)

Top Faves

>>> Shock Point

>>> Artemis Fowl

>>> Tiger Eyes

>>> Alices Adventures in Wonderland

>>> All Around the Town

Despisement Listy!!! O.o

>>> Gossip Girl (too addicting, yet so bad)

>>> The Clique (again, addicting but so unrealistic)

>>> Suicide (it's a book against opposing views of suicide... ish too depressing!!!)

>>> Anne of Green Gables

>>> Harry Potter

Myuu! ♥

~~~ Siyonara!!! ♪

• Nancy

[1] What are 3 to 5 flaws from one of your favourite anime or manga? (Don't intentionally pick something you hate, and they have to be actual flaws, not "they killed off my favourite character") >> Bleach, both anime and manga >> The anime has some really boring fillers that can be really annoying as well. Bount Arc was zzz....., Princess Arc was annoying. i gave up after 3 episodes >> The manga can take too long to conclude a fight scene. For instance Ichigo vs Ulquiorra. >> the problem with the above is probably becasue TIte Kubo does not fully utilize panels. Sometimes he does things like this: 1. Person A attacks 2. Person B attacks 3. They clash then two full pages of an explosion [2] Name some anime, manga or video game characters that have real snazzy names. >> Hmm... I can't really recall anything right now [3] You've just been contracted to create a stereo typical shounen (or shoujo) anime. What's it called, and what's it about? (You don't have to go into detail, just like 2 sentences about it are fine) >> I'll probably do something along the lines of a hero in a fictional world that is full of magic and his goal is to defeat an evil power that has taken over the land. [4] What's a powerful moment (or moments) from an anime, manga or video game? >> When the hero/heroine overcomes his/her own weakness

Sexy bishounen man powers ('cept i'm a girl so..) Or awesome fire jutsu powahs >=D

-SHOOTAN FIREBALLZ-

-OH SHIZ MY LEG BURNED OFF-

MY BALLS!!!

This guy gets a devil sealed into his balls and ejaculating makes it come out.. And all the devils try to seduce him into ejaculating and if he does the world will end!! MUAHAHA

Naruto Ondo.. Thats not an OP/END though..

Every single one of them.. When they end I die a little inside

O.O

Turn me off?

First of all I hope I'm not turned on while watching anime.

But one of the most dissapointing things that pissed me off so bad when I was younger was that in Dragon Ball Z or something, Broli punched Vegeta like all the way into this huge *** rock and it broke into a billion pieces and he didn't die.. But then Goku punched Broli in the stomach and twisted and Broli got pwned.

WTFUX.

[BONUS]

I..

Er..

Not manga?

T_T

-[ 1 ]- I would love to fly! I mean, who wouldn't? If not, then I would want to be able to be skilled in combat. That would be awesome! You could whip out your swords and go WHOOOSH at the opponent, throwing random daggers and pointy objects around and...yeah. Or magic would be awesome. Nothing can be wrong with magic. I could grant my own wishes ahahaha. Or transform into a fairy princess and SPARKLE into the night.

...That wasn't very informative was it?

-[ 2 ]- Othello~ I personally think it's an awesome manga. That's one. I know a lot of other ones, but I don't remember the names.

-[ 3 ]- HARE HARE YUKAI from the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Oh my gosh, that song is epic. It's so catchy, and so overdone that I'm starting to like it a bit LOL. I can even do the dance! I felt so stupid though...

Annddd... Ending theme from Axis Powers Hetalia. It's so cute! :'D

-[ 4 ]- Absolute Boyfriend. It's not exactly disappointed...it's more like WRYYYY IT'S SO SADDDDD ;A; WHY DID HE DIEEEEEEEEEEEE NO I DIDN'T WANT THAT TO HAPPEN I HATE THIS SERIES AHHHH

...yeah.

-[ 5 ]- Whoo last one! I'd say nudity. It's so pointless, it's not even funny. And also cliché, lack of plot and character (personality-wise) manga/anime. They're horrible. Take Inuyasha for instance. The series is so long that by the time you get to the middle of it, you don't even know what it's about even more. For instance:

INUYASHAAAA

KAGOMMEEEE

INUYASHAAA

KAGOMEEEE

KIKYOOO

INUYASHA SIT!

or...

I SENSE A SHARD

OH HEY NEW MONSTER KILL HIM!!!

OH NO IT'S NARAKU

AHA I'M GOING TO KILL HIM

OH NO I'M MORTALLY WOUNDED

BUT I DON'T DIE, FOR SOME MIRACLE

NOOO HE GOT AWAY COME BACK!!

The above can happen simultaneously or separately.

-[ BONUS ]-

TOP FIVE FAVOURITE:

Harry Potter 2,3, and 4. 1 was a introduction, and the later ones make me suspect that the author procrastinated.

A lot.

Libra Bray's Gemma Doyle series. Actually, I don't know what the series was called; they go by the names 'A Great and Terrible Beauty,' ' Rebel Angels,' and 'The Sweet Far Thing.' The characters are so realistic, and the plot is wonderfully done.

The 'Ology' books. They're SO FUN to read! There's these little flaps, for example, in Dragonology, it tells you all about dragons and try to make everything look authentic, with dragon spells and scales, and dragon runes...you should DEFINITELY look them up.

Artemis Fowl. I've outgrown them, but they're still fun to read.

Last one? Dang. I'd say Max Brooke's Zombie Survival Guide. They write it like an actual guide in case of a zombie attack, and provides very thorough information.

Top Five Despised:

INKHEART. IT IS SO TEDIOUS IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY.

Lord of the Rings. It's so overrated, and the text just drags on and on and on. It's interesting and all, but...please. It's called summarizing.

What now? Oh yes, Gossip Girl. Any materialistic books, basically. I don't even know how to begin. Seriously, so 'cool' girls can only whine about their boyfriends, makeup, boyfriends, clothes, boyfriends, and other people's boyfriends? It's so shallow, it shames the female race.

Any and all books strictly dedicated to romance. With some exceptions. I don't mind romance mixed into the plot, but if it's all about how this person doesn't love her, how she loves him, and so and so, the reader is bound to get sick of them.

...and have you noticed, in most romance books, the main character is always the GIRL? Makes you wonder. (Shoju mangas are included, but they usually have some good plot, so that's alright.)

I need one more. Um, this is hard to choose. I'd say Harry Potter 7. That was a HUGE disappointment. Her writing got progressively worse...-sigh-

1. If you were in an anime/manga, what would be your weapon and/or power of choice?

~I would be a magician who had a maigcal staff similar to Fai's.

(if you don't know who that is, then look at me icon)

2. Name some obscure anime or manga you've ever read/watched, or some anime or manga I've probably never heard of.

~Dokoro-Chan, Bottled Fairy, DNA2, Yotsuba&, Hetalia: Axis Powers, and Horitsuba Gakuen

3. Name some of your favourite anime (or even J-Drama) opening/end/insert themes. (Name as many or as few as you'd like and what series they're from)

~Life goes on from Antique Bakery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tnSzkLRjSo

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

~Play The Game from Tsubasa: RC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpv-brz846E

Youtube thumbnail

~ExDream from X/1999

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B5HzKtvWx8

Youtube thumbnail

~Crawl by Veltpunch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAHom5Byb90

Youtube thumbnail

&hd=1

~JOINT by Kawada Mami

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tuftxea_lf0

Youtube thumbnail

&hd=1

~Red Fraction by MELL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOmNWL5nzE4

Youtube thumbnail

~Shuper Shooter from gantz by Rip Slyme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omkvD2kq1uc

Youtube thumbnail

4. What final episode/chapter of an anime/manga disappointed you?

~Chobits, because it kind of left me hanging. I had so many questions that were left unanswered after the series ended ><"

5. What are some things that turn you off from reading/watching an anime or manga?

~I don't like a lot of hentai, action without a plot, and I'm not that big a fan of yuri

Bonus:

Like:

~Cirque Du Freak (Translation: Circus of Freaks)

~The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya ( The book, not the manga/anime)

~Too far From Bamboo Grove (A good book for anyone who wants to learn about the Korean/Chinese side of the holocaust in WW2)

~The Maximum Ride series(Oh yeah! XP)

~The Uglies series

No Like:

~Twilight >:D

~Extras

........

I can't think of any more ><"

1. lol we were discussing super powers in class for some reason today. some kid said he would want udders... o.O

anyways i think it would be cool to control glass. you could kill people super fast, transform it into wings or weapons, make glass minions or something, and turn yourself into a giant glass... giant/golem thingy >:D

idk, it would just be fun stomping on people, taking over the world, all that fun stuff you know?

2. Xam'd Lost Memories. absolutly nobody has heard of that *cry*

also Keroro Gunso, He is my Master, Moyashimon, Natsume Yuujin Chou, Midori no Hibi, and Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru are other animes not to many people have watched (well other than me :3)

3. i would add links for you to hear it, but my right mouse button is broken -.- anyways fav opening is

Shut up and Explode (Boom Boom Satellites)

for Xam'd Lost Memories

ending would be

Bakusou Yume Uta (Diggy - MO)

Soul Eater ending

4. Soul Eaters. it disappointed me because it ended D:

5. i don't like pointless porn. i mean, i dont mind sex and stuff, but i was reading this manga and one whole chapter was an orge, then they all got murdered.... and im like "haha o.O *close book*"

also i just never like most of the girls in animes/mangas! they are always so totally innocent, have major violence issues, or are total whores! it pisses me off D:<

thats why i love The Wallflower, because the main girl is insane and creepy, and loves watching bloody gorey movies. also she has bloody noses and screams whenever theres a pretty person.

Bonus:

NOT TWILIGHT!!!!!!! AGH!!! I WILL DRIVE A STAKE THROUGH THAT BOOK AND LIGHT IT ON FIRE IF I SEE IT AGAIN!!!

anyways i dont like reading books that much :]

1. Cell by Stephen King

2. Midnighters (3 books) by Scott Westerfeld

3. Maximum Ride (5 or 6 books) by James Patterson

4 and 5.... i mainly just look at those HUGE photography books with random pictures, so thats why its so hard for me. anyways, i guess that would count as 4 and 5

Top 5 books i despise?

1. Twilight

2. Twilight 2

3. Twilight 3

4. Twilight 4

5. Twilight 5

i dont even know how many there are, i think four, but i will hate that book and its obsessed brain-washed fan girls forever :3

Edit: hey wait a minute!!! does obscure mean not heard of, or gross/ porno crap.aw man! anyways if its the gross stuff then Catergory: Freaks. I like that manga, the characters are cool and i mean, i guy in a teddy bear suit stabs this lady and she bleeds all over! but its the one with the whole chapter of porn, so id have to say that.