Do you think this was a miracle?

I have always thought about this. In 8th grade in Lit. we had a spelling thing that we did every week. You were given 36 words that you needed to find the definition for. On the test, the teacher would say each word and you would have to spell it correctly. Later, you had to match the right definition to the word. Me being a stupid procrastinator always waited for the last night to do all the words. It would take a large amount of time to find all the definitions AND study all the words and definitions. The night that i saved all of it to do was the same night i had CCD or the religious class you take when your a teen. The class went from 7pm to 8:30pm. I waited till like 6:30pm to start the homework. I got though like 8 of the words by the time i had to go. My mom knew i had to do it and said that i could skip CCD to finnish it if i wanted to. I thought should still go because it was my fault for not doing it sooner.

After i got home i went right back to work. I finnished all my words at around 10:30pm at the time, that was my own bed time. I had no time to study. I thought "at least ill get the completion grade" When the test came around, i totally knew i was going to bomb it. BUT the test was DIFFERENT for ONCE. It was a story that you had to fill in the the correct vocab words in the blanks. The teacher let you use your notebook where you did all your work on the test. I got 100% on the test because i finished my HW. The finniest thing was that it was the ONLY test like that the entire year.

Its not a BIG miracle but idk. I think god had something to do with it. What do you think?

• Favorite Answer

Some would say this was a fantastically lucky break -- mere coincidence though.

But I would say that it was a huge blessing.

Many people use the term miracle in cases where it would be more correct to use the term blessing. A miracle is something that happens against the laws of nature.

Miracle

MIR'ACLE, n. [L. miraculum, from miror, to wonder.]

1. Literally, a wonder or wonderful thing; but appropriately,

2. In theology, an event or effect contrary to the established constitution and course of things, or a deviation from the known laws of nature; a supernatural event. Miracles can be wrought only by Almighty power, as when Christ healed lepers, saying, "I will, be thou clean," or calmed the tempest, "Peace, be still."

They considered not the miracle of the loaves. Mark 6.

A man approved of God by miracles and signs. Acts 2.

3. Anciently, a spectacle or dramatic representation exhibiting the lives of the saints.

MIR'ACLE, v.t. To make wonderful. [Not used.]

---

The Lord can change people's minds to do things differently than they had originally planned.

Proverbs 21:1 -- The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.

Source(s): Webster's 1828 Dictionary http://www.e-sword.net/
  • Joe

No miracle, no intervention by a mythical being, just a teacher trying something different.