What does the phrase "Behind every good man is a woman." mean?

That adage has a very ambiguous connotation. Does it suggest that a man must act like a woman to prove himself worthy? That seems contradictory in a society that expects us to be butch and manly. A man who acts feminine is considered gay or weak, and our society has major issues with homosexuality. Or does it mean... show more That adage has a very ambiguous connotation. Does it suggest that a man must act like a woman to prove himself worthy? That seems contradictory in a society that expects us to be butch and manly. A man who acts feminine is considered gay or weak, and our society has major issues with homosexuality. Or does it mean that if a man isn't dating a woman, he must be bad. I haven't been in a steady relationship in 4 years. I know the difference between right and wrong. I'm always good to everybody. Does that means I'm still bad? Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy, and the BTK Killer were married for several years. Two of them even raised their own kids. Would you consider them good? Josef Stalin and Caligula were cruel, heartless, and ruthless. They were merciless tyrants, yet they were loving fathers and doting husbands. Can some please explain to me what that phrase means?
Update: Not every man was supported by a woman. George Washington Carver invented peanut butter, peanut oil, and soybean oil. Plus, he discovered crop rotation. He was never married or had any kids. The same is true about Einstein, Edison, Newton, and Copernicus.