What are some good quotes?

• Jo W
    Favorite Answer

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES -

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.” - Anatole France

“Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.” - Pamela Vaull Starr

“You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'” - George Bernard Shaw

“Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.” - Thomas Alva Edison

“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” - Albert Einstein

“He is able who thinks he is able.” - Buddha

“Recognition is the greatest motivator.” - Gerard C. Eakedale

“Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.” - Albert Einstein

“People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.” - Zig Ziglar

“Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” - Confucius

“One ought to hold on to one's heart; for if one lets it go, one soon loses control of the head too.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

“Drink to me” - Pablo Picasso

SAD/HEARTBROKEN QUOTES -

“Though lovers be lost love shall not.” - Dylan Thomas

“He's also there for people who have lost loved ones.” - Don McClure

“Parting is all we know of heaven, and all we need of hell.” - Emily Dickinson

“To be with a man who hasn't tried every line, who hasn't broken up with a woman every which way you can break up with them, is kind of nice.” - Uma Thurman

“It's afterwards you realize that the feeling of happiness you had with a man didn't necessarily prove that you loved him” - Marguerite Duras

LOVE QUOTES -

“Came but for friendship, and took away love.” - Thomas Moore

“Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I really need it.” - Swedish Proverb

“If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” - A. A. Milne

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” - Judy Garland

“True love always makes a man better, no matter what woman inspires it” - Alexandre Dumas Père

“I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.” - Arthur Rubinstein

“Friendship often ends in love; but love in friendship - never.” - Charles Caleb Colton

“Woman reaches love through friendship; man reaches friendship through love” - Mohammed Hijazi

“I love you,

Not only for what you are,

But for what I am

When I am with you.

I love you,

Not only for what

You have made of yourself,

But for what

You are making of me.

I love you

For the part of me

That you bring out;

I love you

For putting your hand

Into my heaped-up heart

And passing over

All the foolish, weak things

That you can’t help

Dimly seeing there,

And for drawing out

Into the light

All the beautiful belongings

That no one else had looked

Quite far enough to find.

I love you because you

Are helping me to make

Of the lumber of my life

Not a tavern

But a temple;

Out of the works

Of my every day

Not a reproach

But a song.

I love you

Because you have done

More than any creed

Could have done

To make me good

And more than any fate

Could have done

To make me happy.

You have done it

Without a touch,

Without a word,

Without a sign.

You have done it

By being yourself.

Perhaps that is what

Being a friend means,

After all.” - Roy Croft

“I love you, and because I love you, I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies.” - Pietro Aretino

“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.” - Roy Croft

“You're my sweetheart to the max. I love you like Crispy Critters.” - Wesley Willis

“Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you.” - William Arthur Ward

“You taught me to love fearlessly and to open up my heart. I've never known anyone like you. I love you to no end.” - Phil Martin

“Some people never say the words 'I love you'. It's not their style to be so bold. Some people never say those words: 'I love you' But, like a child, they're longing to be told.” - Paul Simon

LIFE QUOTES -

“The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances.” - Robert Flatt

“Once they move, they're gone. Once you move, life starts over again.” - Jim Hinkle

“When you feel that you have reached the end and that you cannot go one step further, when life seems to be drained of all purpose: What a wonderful oppo

• *Funny:

Love your enemies. It makes them so damned mad. ~P.D. East

A compromise is an agreement whereby both parties get what neither of them wanted. ~Author Unknown

A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. ~Attributed to Arthur McBride Bloch

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia. ~Charles Schulz

An expert is a man who tells you a simple thing in a confused way in such a fashion as to make you think the confusion is your own fault. ~William Castle

Who says nothing is impossible. I've been doing nothing for years. ~Author Unknown

*Inspiring:

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. ~James Dean

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. ~Buddha

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars. ~Les Brown

When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Don't look where you fall, but where you slipped. ~African Proverb

Men are made stronger on realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm. ~Sidney J. Phillips

The tragedy of war is that it uses man's best to do man's worst. ~Henry Fosdick

God brings men into deep waters, not to drown them, but to cleanse them. ~John Aughey

The drops of rain make a hole in the stone not by violence but by oft falling. ~Lucretius

*Random Favorites:

You only live once; but if you live it right, once is enough. ~Adam Marshall

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same. ~Flavia Weedn

He who has nothing to die for has nothing to live for. ~Moroccan Proverb

Have a nice day! :)

If you ask Google for "quotations" you will be offered several sites - some have over 4,000 quotes for you to choose.

Two of my favourites were my Mum and Dad's

Mum (with a glare) "It's a long worm that has no turning"

Dad "Don't do today what you can do tomorrow. If you put it off long enough, you may never have to do it"

The pen is mightier than the sword

Source(s): My favorite!