Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 1 decade ago

I'm always tired no matter how much sleep I get....?

Ok so I could can get 8 hours of sleep and I wake up tired still. I can get 10 hours of sleep and I'm still always tired. I have even tried to sleep for only 6 hours but that don't matter. As soon as I wake up I eat breakfast then I get ready to go over to my moms to babysit, as soon as I go over their I want to go back to sleep. I don't know why and I hate it. Does anyone know what my problem is, or how to make it so I'm not always tired? Please Help!!!!!!

Best Answer

There are many possible physical and psychological causes of fatigue. Some of the more common are:

An allergy that leads to hay fever or asthma

Anemia (including iron deficiency anemia)

Depression or grief

Persistent pain

Sleep disorders such as ongoing insomnia, obstructive sleep apnea, or narcolepsy

Underactive thyroid or overactive thyroid

Use of alcohol or illegal drugs like cocaine, especially with regular use

Fatigue can also accompany the following illnesses:

Addison's disease

Anorexia or other eating disorders

Arthritis, including juvenile rheumatoid arthritis

Autoimmune diseases such as lupus

Cancer

Chronic liver or kidney disease

Congestive heart failure

Diabetes

Infection, especially one that takes a long time to recover from or treat such as bacterial endocarditis (infection of the heart muscle or valves), parasitic infections, AIDS, tuberculosis, and mononucleosis

Malnutrition

Certain medications may also cause drowsiness or fatigue, including antihistamines for allergies, blood pressure medicines, sleeping pills, steroids, and diuretics

Here are some tips for reducing fatigue:

Get adequate, regular, and consistent amounts of sleep each night.

Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet and drink plenty of water throughout the day.

Exercise regularly.

Learn better ways to relax. Try yoga or meditation.

Maintain a reasonable work and personal schedule.

Change your stressful circumstances, if possible. For example, switch jobs, take a vacation, and deal directly with problems in a relationship.

Take a multivitamin. Talk to your doctor about what is best for you.

Avoid alcohol, nicotine, and drug use.

If you have chronic pain or depression, treating either often helps address the fatigue. However, some antidepressant medications may cause or worsen fatigue. Your medication may have to be adjusted to avoid this problem. DO NOT stop or change any medications without instruction from your doctor.

Stimulants (including caffeine) are NOT effective treatments for fatigue, and can actually make the problem worse when the drugs are stopped. Sedatives also tend to worsen fatigue in the long run

• Ida

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avj8a

See a doctor and ask him why this could be. Also ask about having a sleep study done. You might have sleep apnea, or another sleep disorder. Sleep apnea is very common. The most common symptoms of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) that you may notice include: * Excessive daytime sleepiness, which is falling asleep when you normally should not, such as while you are eating, talking, or driving. * Waking with an unrefreshed feeling after sleep, having problems with memory and concentration, feeling tired, and experiencing personality changes. * Morning or night headaches. About half of all people with sleep apnea report headaches. * Heartburn or a sour taste in the mouth at night. * Swelling of the legs if you are obese. * Getting up during the night to urinate (nocturia). * Sweating and chest pain while you are sleeping. Symptoms of sleep apnea that others may notice include: * Episodes of not breathing (apnea), which may occur as few as 5 times an hour (mild apnea) to more than 50 times an hour (severe apnea). How many episodes you have determines how severe your sleep apnea is. * Loud snoring. Almost all people who have sleep apnea snore, but not all people who snore have sleep apnea. * Restless tossing and turning during sleep. * Nighttime choking or gasping spells.

How long has this been going on? Any chance you could be pregnant, because that sounds like the persistent fatigue that comes in early pregnancy. If not, maybe your bed is uncomfortable and you are not getting a quality rest. Otherwise, see a doctor and be checked for anemia. You may need iron supplements. Also, try a banana with breakfast. The carbs and potassium are good energy boost.

• Norma

Forget anything you have ever been told about Diabetes. And get this - it has nothing to do with insulin, exercise, diet or anything else you've heard in the past. It's all based on latest breakthrough research that Big Pharma is going Stir Crazy to hide from you. Visit here : https://tinyurl.im/aH224 to find out what all the fuss is about.

sleep deprivation is very common especially among teens. be sure you're hydrated, and eating proper amounts of food. go to bed at the same time every night, for example, ten, and wake up at the same time every morning, like at six (eight hours of sleep is recommended for teens and young adults) if, during the day, you're still tired, take a nap. no more than twenty minutes, no less than fifteen. don't expect anything to change for at least five days. if nothing changes and you're still tired all the time, see a doctor.

Source(s): personal experience.

Hypothyroidism, or low thyroid function, is a silent epidemic, according to many functional medicine doctors. How to cure hypothyroidism naturally https://tr.im/RUKBH

People can suffer for years with symptoms that our conventional medical system frequently doesn’t know how to treat because complaints seem scattered or vague and often there is no pill for the ill(s).

What’s worse, in most cases, hypothyroidism isn’t rooted in a thyroid problem in the first place. It’s rooted in an immune system gone awry, but most doctors don’t test for the antibodies that show the presence of autoimmunity.

I know what you mean. I'm always tired. But I actually heard that if you get too much sleep you can become even more tired. And also it depends on the food you eat or drink. More soda and caffiene is like a temporary energy. Once it is gone. You feel tired. Same with sugary and fattening foods. Hope this helps

• gaul

Im Always Tired

You know i have that SAME EXACT problem and honestly i don't even know why exactly..

i've been to the doctors so many times for it they've tested me for mono, anemia, my moms asked me if i could be pregnant... then eventually my doctor started talking to me about depression and she thinks that's what it is..

so your best bet is to talk to your doctor.

If you don''t do the following already, try it:

Showering when you wake up.

I heard that the smell of mint can help you stay awake.

Drink some coffee, caffeinated.