Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

No matter if you meet many Women, most Women dont like shy guys so How will i ever get a GF?

I'm a shy guy age 29. I don't go out and don't meet lots of women But i stil know it wouldn't work. I have been around good amount of women by being a student up to age 23. NO one ever talked to me, looked at me or showed interest. on the other hand they were head over heels for the talkative bad guys or cool hip guys.

I've worked at many places, temping and doing short term jobs, and the women there never showed any interest in me either.

So my theory IS kinda true. It's not about how many women you meet. If you're a shy guy with low vocab, and a serious personality, women will never like you EVEN if you like to smile.

I'm 29 and the women i've met party, drink, etc( Women i've met through work), they always talk about their outgoing life and they tend to form cliches with people at work who are like them.

What's your take?

Favorite Answer

This I believe is very true. Coming from some personal experience I remember a friend in high school who was very attractive (I'm not gay) and girls would just seem to flock to him, however when a conversation between this guy (gary) and another girl would start, he would keep his responses limited and just seem to shun the girl no matter how HOT she was. I always confronted him on this and he would throw some lame excuse out. He was well muscled (he was my football teammate) and charming face but never even got a date in high school because of his extreme shyness. I realized its because of his attractiveness girls would even talk to him, if he was ugly, even average looking girls wouldn't spare him the time of day. It was really sad for girls to come up to me asking why gary was so shy, claiming hes cute but too shy for them. My advice is to somehow come out of your shell, act somewhat immature and stupid, that's what women seem to like.

Start watching movies and acting like the guys on screen (that are confident). Sooner or later it will come naturally. 29 though, that is older and it may take longer than expected. But by then you've been through college and a LOT of life and you should not be shy. You might be an extreme. Too confident or not confident at all. I prefer a guy that is not confident at all. Go with a woman that will boost your confidence and ask if you can go shopping with her. Sometimes this helps if it is bikinis you are shopping for...get my drift?

It seems the only reason why you are shy is because you don't seem to be too confident in yourself (your phrase from above: But i stil know it wouldn't work.)

The reason why nobody talks to you is because you don't talk to anybody. How can somebody show interest in you if they have no idea who the heck you are right?

So how will you ever get a GF. Well, for most guys it starts with confidence. You have to look stupid first before you start to look good. In other words since you have no idea how to talk to girls, the best thing to do is learn from experience. When you first start many girls will give you the WTF! look and attitude because you might say something wrong but don't let that discourage you. Move on and learn from it. Keep doing it until it gets easy, believe me if you really try to learn from your mistakes, it will get easier. Build your confidence and go out more often to meet more women and just talk to them.

I know what u mean im a shy girl and the only time i get interst from guys is when they r the wrong guys or if im in one of my very few outgoing moods. I have people tell me all the time that im pretty and i should have no problem finding a good guy but all in the same i dont know how to talk to one bc im that afraid of rejection

I'm not a shy girl, but i like shy guys. There's something more modest about them and it makes them more interesting to talk to when you get to know them.

My advice is just be who you are and the girl you deserve will come along. If you're in an outgoing mood, then take advantage and do something impulsive :)

Good Luck

I understand being shy & that it is hard to start up a conversation with others but if you ever want to meet someone special you will have to try. You can't expect women to read your mind. You have to put yourself out there even if it is uncomfortable.

People like to talk but not if the person they are talking to just sits there. Try to loosen up, maybe have a drink, relax don't try so hard and join in a conversation. Be friendly and reach out. You might be surprised at who reaches back.

If you've only tried your co workers then try somewhere else. Maybe match.com, or another reputable place could find you someone with similar interests and likes. Good luck

I feel that way-though I'm a girl.

I'm 18 years old and I'm going to be 19 in June. I've been shy most of my life so I know how it feels to not have someone or that you would feel that no one would be interested in you to be in a relationship with you.

Girls just like guys that have a personality and have a social life, truly.

Or that even if the guy may not have much of a social life at least they have a personality, being a person of their own that makes girls smile, laugh, and feel good about themselves, as well as the guy taking good care of himself (physically, emotionally, mentally, and psychologically).

Don't bother with the women at work because women like that at work are young and they don't care what it is that they are doing, as long as they have a good time such as drinking, having sex, going on cruise, clubbing. They experiment and they can try to fill parts in their lives by what they do, say, think, and feel.

I try to meet guys or new people through activities and hobbies that I like so we can share the same common interests and find a connection.

I'm not that outgoing either because of my confidence but I'm working on it and I'm hoping on going somewhere with those who I want in my life because I know that if I want someone in my life I have to be more out there and not in the back where no one sees me or knows that I even exist.

I say, try to be comfortable in yourself and try to be up to date with what's going on in the media, pop culture, the world, and what people are doing nowadays to be active to what is around you so you don't feel like an outsider even if you're shy and not outgoing. Shy people know alot of things people would say that we don't know because they don't know us to say that but when they talk with us they find out differently.

Also try church if you believe in God.

But places that I think that you shouldn't try to find a girl are:

-clubs

-work

-school

-Cruises

-parties=the people are diverse and so could the difficulties that they can bring on you. Just like the world it's hard to find good people and the reasons why people act the way that they do and why they are at these places would surprise you for what they really want or feel that they need.

If I helped hit me up, because I don't mind the help.

To help yourself to be less shy:

-have more confidence and self-esteem with yourself

-clear and remove all the obstacles that stand in your way (acne, scars, blemishes, etc.-Bio oil works)

-maybe working out at a gym where you can build muscle and character

-make sure that your grooming and hygiene are well kept

-speak properly and practice and make sure that your speech is ok. For example, don't start a conversation that you don't know and you know that you'll be having a hard time continuing and finishing it.

HOPE THIS HELPS!!! : )

Women like men who talk to them and who aren't afraid to start a conversation. Maybe you could work on being a little more outgoing to give the girls an opening to get to know you.

Tell him to f*ck off! He's messing around behind your back, and you don't deserve that. Especially now when your moms in the hospital. You need a calm and collective heart to help your mom, and this crap he is putting you through is not helping. Dump him, let him have fun f*cking his milf, and hope her husband finds out and kicks his head in. Meanwhile, you can devote your time and energy into being their for your mom, you'll come out stronger, and hopefully find a guy who will not try to play you for a fool.

You can't just sit and wait, you have to take the intiative to go talk to women. You have to show confidence. Being shy may be part of your personality, I use to be shy to but all you have to do is just be comfortable and be friendly. When your more vocal, and are funny people like being around you more often. Hope that helps. Please help with mine? http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AtYFX...