Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 1 decade ago

How do a blind person know when to sleep?

How do they know when it's night or day, when it's dark or light.

listen, our body's biorhythm depends on outside stimulants such as dark and light, and noise etc.

So you telling me the blind person will sleep when he got tired, and that could be 3am in the morning every night.

that is when I really get tired.

Best Answer

Blind people live very much like the rest of us and go to bed and wake up at regular intervals. They have only lost their sight....and really the majority of them do have light and color and movement perception, there are very few totally and completely blind people in the world. even so, they have not lost their senses....they work, do laundry, sell real estate, have volunteer positions, raise kids, play in the garden, go shopping...etc....so they have ful lives including eating and sleeping and starting all over in the morning...just like you and me.....

Source(s): I am an optician. O^O
  • They can tell time and will sleep when they need to sleep. If the blind person in question has to be up for work at 6:00 AM, he will likely go to bed at 10:00 PM the night before. It isn't that hard to figure out.

They will know because when they are tired they go to sleep. You can even tell becuase you will here the birds and feel the sun during the day. But at night you wouldnt

Blind people don't know, so they don't sleep.

Does that make sense to you? No? Then the more probable answer is that sleep is necessary when the body needs the benefits of sleep. If a blind person sleeps during conventional hours (night-time), it's only because his day-time activity is conventional.

David Letterman threatens to read a top ten list after the commercial.

Domino's won't deliver.

The old lady who lives upstairs comes home from Bingo. (Only works on Mon Wed & Fri)

av always wondered about this sort of stuff. and my question is if a blind person goes for a walk, how does she know shes ended up back in her own place and not someone elses? lol.

anyway answer to ur question..

they probably got someone to set a constant alarm at a certain time, to go to bed and to get up lol.... i dont know haha

Depends on their schedule. But every blind person I know uses a watch or a clock.

well they are blind but they can have a watch that says what time it is and how hot it is and if it is night or day. Or they can have someone tell them what time it is and if it is day or night. I think that the blind sleep whenever they get tired no matter if it is day or if it is night.

Obvious... They're not different' they've been sleeping the same as people that can see since the were little or when they lost there sight!

They sleep when they are sleepy. Just like anyone else. People don't sleep when they are tired all the time, but one can not sleep unless he/she is sleepy.