Is there really a difference between black racists and white racists?

This is what a white buddy of mine told me yesterday. We were talking about him going to Detroit to a bar in the inner city on Joy Road which is a pretty sketchy...alright downright shady part of town. He said he was meeting a friend of his whom he'd known for ten years or so and was the only white guy in the... show more This is what a white buddy of mine told me yesterday. We were talking about him going to Detroit to a bar in the inner city on Joy Road which is a pretty sketchy...alright downright shady part of town. He said he was meeting a friend of his whom he'd known for ten years or so and was the only white guy in the bar. He said the men there made it quite obvious he was in the wrong part of town..until his friend showed up and they left him alone.

He eventually told me that the difference between black and white racists is that black racists will let you know bluntly they have a problem with you, whereas white racists are very covert with theirs. He said many will even make you feel like you're their best friend and will just snap. He said he's seen this time and time again. He also said that many white people don't know that he's got many black friends and many will sit and say a lot of racist things around eachother, but will turn around and give a high five to a black person like they're cool. He said he doesn't see this with black people.

Think he's got it about right?
Update: I know racists are racists, but the approach is what i'm referring to. How they deal with it in an actual real life situation.