WS Historian asked in SportsWrestling · 1 decade ago

Who is bigger legend Shawn Michaels or Hulk Hogan?

Favorite Answer

I'm Shawn Michaels biggest fan (or so I think) but I have to be objective about this and say Hulk Hogan. Because he brought wrestling into the mainstream during the 80's. But if you say whose the better wrestler then I say SHAWN MICHAELS THE HEARTBREAK KID, THE SHOWSTOPPER, THE MAIN EVENT, THE HEADLINER, THE ICON AND MR. WRESTLEMANIA!

Both men can say they transcended Sports Entertainment to new levels, both men can say they were WWF/WWE Champion, hell even both men started becoming popular in the AWA before going to the WWF. If you're talking about amongst just a die hard wrestling group then the answer is going to be Micheals, he actually evolved his matches with different moves, and ideas, while Hogan had the same move set for every match and you knew when he started "hulking up" the match was pretty much over. That being said Shawn Micheals would never have had the oppurtunity to start the Attitude Era in wrestling, had Hogan not done what he did for the "sport" in the '80's what with the t.v. appearences, movies I mean hell he was even on the cover of Sports Illustrated (how many Pro Wrestlers can say that) and when you're talking to non-wrestling people the majority have a better chance of knowing who Hulk Hogan is rather then Shawn Micheals and that is what makes Hogan a bigger legend, for now at least.

Depends on how you look at it I think. Overall Id say Hulk Hogan as you dont have to be into wrestling to know who he is. He electified crowds and even though, he wasnt the best wrestler. He is the best entertainer and very few (with exceptions of The Ultimate Warrior, The Rock and Stone Cold) could electify the crowds like him.

It'll be a shame not to give Shawn Michaels a mention and if we're just talking about the wrestling world, then maybe he should be a bigger legend but everyone will remember the Hulkster. Shawn Michaels unfortunately comes a little short when it comes to fame.

Well considering i randomly clicked on this and i kno the least about wrestling than any1

and ive never heard of Shawn Michaels id say Hulk Hogan

I think Its definately Shawn Michaels, because the only great achivements that I know hulk hogan did were:

He was at the main event of the very first wrestlemania

Icon of the 1980's

and some of shawn michaels achivements:

He has won the match of the year award, for a record of 9 times, more than any wwe wrestler in history!!!!!

First ever Grand Slam champion

He was on the very first monday night raw

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PWI_Match_of_the_Year

Source(s): wwe, my mind

Considering I know nothing about wrestling, have heard of Hulk Hogan many times, and have no idea who Shawn Michaels even is, I would guess Hulk Hogan. Word of him reaches the non-wrestling crowd, so that may say something.

Shawn Michaels has more talent, Hulk Hogan is just over rated.

Its not even close. Who made the most money? That's the real answer to this question. Look at who is the best baseball player right now. Its A-Rod. And consequently he makes the most money. 30 years from know you will still hear the name Hulk Hogan like Babe Ruth. HBK will be known by true fans and diehards but not everyone on the planet.

Well it depends on who you ask, but if not for hulk hogan in the 80's wwf\e would have never survived long enough for shawn to have ever left awa and the midnight rockers. hogan took wrestling and helped to make it mainstream and acceptable. shawn simply took the formula and made it work for his era( the attitude era dx).

Even though Micheals is a better wrestler I have to say Hulk Hogan. It was really because of his character that wrestling reached the main stream.