I want to be a Mormon, but I'm afraid?

Yet, I was told that it would conflict with my passion for theatre and wanting to do it as a career. Would being a Mormon and being an actress conflict with one another often, or would the Church forgive me? Also, I'm afraid that my friends will think little of me. My friend has also told me I'd be a bad... show more Yet, I was told that it would conflict with my passion for theatre and wanting to do it as a career. Would being a Mormon and being an actress conflict with one another often, or would the Church forgive me?

Also, I'm afraid that my friends will think little of me. My friend has also told me I'd be a bad mormon, but I don't know why. Please help.
Update: I want to be a Mormon because I have many of the same beliefs as what I have researched about the Mormon religion. But, I am worried that the types of roles I may occasionally get will contradict with the beliefs of Mormons.

:] Thank you for all the answers, but please try not to be rude to anyone.