Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkEntertaining · 1 decade ago

What can I do to have an Alice in Wonderland themed party?

My birthday is coming up and even though im not a child (I'll be turning 27!) I really want an Alice in Wonderland themed party...I was thinking of having a Tea Party (like the mad hatter tea pary)...

What sorts of things could I do or have to make it more 'themed' and extra fun?

I was thinking about serving pots of tea and having canapes and etc for food.

I was thinking about seating people boy/girl/boy/girl etc...then every 10 minutes a buzzer would go off and all the boys would move down a seat....(girls stay where they are) That way, everyone sits next to someone different....what you think?

What kind of music could I play?

Favorite Answer

Jam tarts, red and white roses, croquet, mismatched crockery (op shops are great for this), top hats for everyone, over-sized cards (we got ours at the reject shop - easier for drunks to read their cards, lol) and hang them every where, cookies that say "eat me", different coloured chairs, lop-sided signs, doilies in all diff patterns, coloured lights strung up (fairy lights, chinese lanterns, normal size globes, etc)

You can get large teapots n put drinks like punch, in it

Love the buzzer idea, why not have everyone move to a different chair

• Linda

Umm, that's a little tuff, but I think that you can try to wear a spaghetti top white shirt or halter top and if you have any cute white skinny jeans you can wear those. Also you can add some knee high boots.That way you look like a Bunnwithoutut actually wearing the whole 9 including the tail. Hope this helps

Find some tea cups that are rounded and pastel and then find whimsical items. Go to a costume store and get top hats and the A in W dress. Also a crazy dark green suit would be a little like the mad hatter! It's more the people who make the theme so have each person dress up as a character!

Hope I've helped!

You could find a nice spot outdoors to set up the tea party! Put the table outside under a patch of trees or in an area with bushes that are filled with flowers. If you don't have a spot like this at your home or the home of a close friend, perhaps you could see about renting out an area of a park for the afternoon.

Try Party City for some of the costumes. I like the idea of dressing up for your party, also outside would make it true to the story. Instead of tea, you could serve beer instead. I'm a lush, just a thought, but I would be there if you did! LOL

i think a tea party is Perfect / if you have a long hall leading to the room then you could make the long rabbit hall.then if you have curbs you could put up the cat and then the million of sines he holds.you can also have the alice and wonderland song with its your happy unbirthday lol even if it is your birthday.

Play Croquet! Think Victorian, reread the story. Cucumber sandwiches, tiny muffins, petit fours.

Have an extremely long table filled with teapots and teacups.Fill the teapots with different drinks and foods,so that there's some kind of surprise to it.You can even hide a fake mouse in one of them like the mouse in the movie.Serve oysters like in that story that Tweetel-Dee and Tweetel-Dumb told Alice.

You can decorate either with huge flowers(like in the caterpillar scene),large cards,or a lot of clocks (for the rabbit).

Also have those little candy hearts with sayings on them.You could maybe even customize them to say your name or something.

Tell everyone to dress up like a character or in black or red for the cards.

If you really want to be creative,you can make hats like the Mad Hatter's and put their names on the paper that has the 10% sign.Look for a picture of his green hat,it has a paper attached to it.I only think it says 10%.

Invitations could be playing cards.

Hope you have an awesome birthday!

decorate the place with nature things and have evryone dress up as a character. make poster sized cards like a deck of cards, ect...i did an award show wit that theme

Pass out X? IDK, but that sounds like a great theme.