Why do people like to think whites aren't exotic?

I'm not saying we are "the most exotic" i'm just saying why would people single us out and say because we have lighter skin we aren't exotic? Any race can be exotic. Exotic mean different and pale skin is a recessive trait so wouldn't that be considered exotic? as for red and blonde hair. and green and blue eyes. Which in no Racist way do i mean this but, white people have to highest percentage of different colored eyes (and that's true, so say whatever you want) and we come in different shades and have different hair colors. that's diverse, why don't people get that.?

I'm not generalizing, i'm just saying what i've seen on this sight.

Actually only in the U.S. are they common. In the world They are deffinitly not the majority.

and funny you mention it i have seen white people on national geographic.

angelina jolie.

ect.

i know a lot of natural exotic white women.

Favorite Answer

Because whites look so washed out(face wise) and there common...nothing out of the ordinary...exotic is used for dark features(mostly) or someone who has a unique look or features to them...

Source(s): *EDIT* ALL THOSE PICTURES YOU POSTED ARE OF WOMEN WHO ARE AIRBRUSHED AND CAKED WITH MAKE UP(INCLUDING ANGELINA JOLIE)...AND EVEN STILL ARENT ALL THAT EXOTIC LOOKING... TAKE THE MAKE UP AWAY AND YOU GET A WASHED OUT PLAIN FACE...JUST ACCEPT YOUR WHITE AND YOU DONT LOOK EXOTIC...IT'S NOT A BAD THING! **EDIT**WHY ARE YOU SO OFFENDED THAT WHITE PEOPLE ARE NOT CONSIDERED EXOTIC THEN??..

Whites are treated like exotics in countries where light-skinned or people with hair colors/eyes other than brown/brown are uncommon.

Even going down to Mexico you'll notice it, if you get out of the touristy areas. I've gotten some very direct questions from Polynesians, Africans, Haitians, Mexicans, Arabs, Thais, Pakistanis, Koreans (a lot), some Japanese, and Chinese.

Does it bother me? No, not even when the question is rude or stereotypical (why are white people so slutty--I've gotten that one before) because folks don't know any better.

White people DO get exoticized, it's just that folks here in the West are full of self-hate and think they're the only ones who do wrong in the world.

Source(s): Quite a bit of of traveling.
  • pwei34

Worldwide Whites are exotic, they only make up 10% of the worlds population.

Rarity has its own attractions. In Scandinavia where most people are blond and blue-eyed, brunettes are considered particularly attractive and "exotic".

This might be due to the white Eurocentric standard of beauty. When white Europeans began colonizing the world, they pretty much had the idea that, "Anybody who doesn't look like us is exotic."

How can something so ubiquitous be considered exotic? Wait, hear me out: Granted whites are a minority worldwide, however, the extent of white media, including advertising, is unrivaled. So, in a way, white is pedestrian.

It would probably depend where you are from.

I'm guessing you're from America which is a predominately white country- so white people are common to see.

Exotic is just different that it stands out.

You're generalizing. I actually never heard the term of white people not being exotic. I usually hear it being referred to other non-white ethnicities/races

White people make up the majority in the United States. It's hard to be "exotic" when you are part of the major population...

Being "exotic" is about being something that you don't usually see.

child, exotic means (strikingly unusual or strange in effect or appearance)............. yes i looked it up, call me what you want but remember its the truth. Whites place are not exotic, Watch the national geographic that is exotic, and white people are not in none

Edit: let me rephrase what i said there are white people on national geographic but they are usually visiting some native place, observing life at a different perspective.

• Exotic has become something of an ethnic thing..."minorities" took it over and now its ours...But I just dont think white people are exotic..I'm sorry to say though and I'm not being racist, i do agree with you...but i guess white people are not viewed as exotic...just plain.