Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationOther - Outdoor Recreation · 1 decade ago

Good BMX bike? 10 easy points, best answer?

I have recently gotten into BMX. On my mountain bike I can do 3 second whellies, and jump off 4 stairs(yeah I suck :D) and me and my friends found this AMAZING BMX trail and I wanted 2 start using it, but my bike is 2 big. Any idea where I can get a BMX bike for about $200-$250? and I am 6ft,120 pounds, and 14(almost) years old.(if that helps) and I would like real brakes, with a gyro or somethin like that :). Any ideas????? 10 points for a good, reasonable answer, plz match with my height, weight and stuff

Favorite Answer

I'd try to find a mongoose. There pretty good on a budget. That's what I have. This probably sounds stupid but I've taken a mongoose "Outer Limit" that I got from Wal-Mart for $87 and put mountain bike tires on it($10 each). Works pretty well. It has the swivel on it and if your too tall then just get another seat post.

i ride freestyle motocross(KTM 250 SX) and i don't know much bout bmx bikes though,but i've seen the new bmx models and i think both haro f2 and gt performer are sweet rides...ya should go for more performance rather than the outlook really,get one that has both stability and a smoother ride,one that suits ya ride style(for example)bmx freestyle jumping,less weight more down force,bigger sprockets,tighter handling,bmx mx(track)medium weight less down force. smaller sprockets,average handling... still theres a wee bit adjustments to be done before gettin the perfect ride feel,ya can always get ya customized paint job done,most important of all is the comfort and performance of the bike...ride on

A mongoose would be a good bike 4 u.

I got a giant for 250 at my local bike shop and it works really well. i suggest looking at your local shop and ask them for help

Source(s): 13 year pro trails biker 5 years of a pro race bmxer