Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 decade ago

Best Hangover Cures!?!?!?

What are some of the best hangover cures? Thank You

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Number one cure - don't drink too much.

If, however, you do, here is the trick: Drink as much water as you can BEFORE you go to sleep and take two Advil. When you wake up, eat something REALLY greasy (it doesn't matter what it is - cheeseburger, steak sandwich, McDonald's, etc.), drink plenty of water and you will feel better.

However, as noted above, the best way to get rid of a hangover is to avoid it by drinking responsibly.

Gill

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

actually there is no cure, but research finds the body gets dehydrated, since the alcohol has no beneficial standing to keep you alive. headaches are common in which a couple of aspirins and rest will sustain your equilibrium, however with an upset stomach then alka-seltzer and some rest will calm the tempest until the next time. Some try to eat a good meal before attempting to over-indulge. this gives the stomach something to digest before the alcohol has time to be a part of your nite, most likely the majority will escape by sweat and urination.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

there are no cures just remedies. Try drinking lots of water before you pass out.

Coke - Fizz for the nausea, liquid for the dehydration, and a caffeine and sugar hit to make you feel a bit more lively.

Cold Pizza - Who knows, but it seems to work.

Vitamin C - Another thing the alcohol takes out that you're advised to put back in as soon as possible. Orange juice, tomato, a 600mg Vitamin C tablet

chocolate milk helps to, bananas, ginger ale,toast or drink either powerade or gatorade because it helps hydrate you.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Two choices really.

1 - Keep Drinking. It'll hurt for a while but soon sorts itself out

2 - Take some asprin or something, that helps remove the pain. Or / And drink a load of Orange/other fruit juice. It serves the purpose of replacing water (dehydration causes the headache), and also provides some nutrients and vitamins which help too. The other option is just water.

Best still, to help avoid headaches, is drinking about 2 pints of water before you go to sleep.

Source(s): So so so so so so so many drunken times : )
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I've only found this out when I was 20. The only thing you can do is dring 1-2 quarts of water right BEFORE you go to bed after a drinking binge. You will feel 100x better in the morning.

It does nothing against the alcohol and the dizzyness, of course, but it keeps you hydrated and dehydration is what causes the headache.

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

there is no cure for a hangover. the only way to get rid of it is for time to let it do its work.

Source(s): health class.
  • 1 decade ago

Put a B/C powder under your tounge,this is the fastest way into your blood stream.Wash it down with a spicy hot V-8.Dont get me wrong, but the B/C is hard to take,the V-8 like cambles tomato soup with black pepper. This will get you through the day,I promise.

Source(s): I spent many years with uncle sam, this was breakfast. still use it to this day when stupidity hits.
  • RED
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Bloody Marys.

If I really over did it the night before I swear a couple Bloody Marys always set me right. They take away the shakiness (alcohol withdrawl) and the tomato gives you back some nutrients.

• 1 decade ago

Honestly the only way is to have a couple more drinks...just takes the edge off so you arent walking round feeling like **** all day...Hard to get them down at first!!!! but only way

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A few glasses of water and a bacon sandwich.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.