Anonymous

Have you ever been criticized of liking a different culture?

Has this ever happened to you like for say having an interest,liking,adopting,even the style of a different culture such as Chinese or Japanese,African,Indian, or whatever and people criticized you of it,especially at school I may include.Like today I wore an expensive, gorgeous Chinese red dress with the back pack and slippers to match to school,others love it,were very happy how cool it was since I love the Asian culture to it's style,art,food,etc.I'm mixed with it too.But then these ghetto girls(who always judge,gossip,and fight me for no reason) were really rude and laughing saying"Look at dis bytch,**** she got wearin,lookin like a damn tree" and said"ching chong hot dog".What's worst they talk about others cultures,including make fun of my Asian friends :-(. Those jealous girls rarely even wear good clothing,just smelly sweat pants and 1 pair of sneakers lol.

What about you?

Lo- Yeah I know right? I own those things but I don't wear them everday.I like different styles.

I have other cultures too but I like the Asian cultures as well,I think it's beautiful too.

Favorite Answer

My little brother is racist and he gives me **** for hanging out with my black friends. Another one of my friends says that I'm really "urban" and it bugs him. I think people who don't appreciate other cultures are just closed minded. How can you be American, and not like other cultures, we all got here via immigration, America is all different cultures.

I think it's because people are afraid of the unknown. People freak out when they don't understand a language being spoken around them, or why people celebrate a certain tradition. Plus, Americans tend to be egocentric. We think we're better than everybody else, so we look down on them. I think that's pretty messed up. I'm trying to expand my own cultural knowledge because I think people are cool.

Blessed Sistren

They do this out of fear of change, no acceptance and not overstanding anything but what they find their own comfort zone. Do stay away from them and when you get each to themself , try to explain the diversity of culture. Yes I do overstand you indeed I am Rastafarian meaning I believe in Unity, Self respect and the African culture of all Africans all over the world. I believe that doing good and right to others show respect for ones own self. I am very spiritual, and love All things - living and non-living alike.

I have change Cultures with Knowledge and Belief system and was accepted, and treated with the upmost respect by all whom know my trot.

You sistren post on how they were negatively responding to your way of dress code ,yet you do the same about there style that is not being the higher being at all- Seen?

One must know thy self then chose the proper path to trot on.

indulge in all the good things and leave out all the bad and dismiss them -on a not to think, do, nor to be a part of.

Blessed Sistren!

Source(s): My heart
  • Alex

No, no not really. I would be taken aback if I saw anyone dressed in a Cheongsam. I mean, it's not common to see that at school, but I wouldn't make fun of you, I would just ask you about the culture. People are viscous, especially high school girls, so I'm sorry that you had to go through that.

No I haven't been criticized. But the two people from that culture were surprised how I knew a little bit about it. Besides my culture, I love Korean and Japanese culture :). Korean ( I like their songs and dramas), Japanese ( I like their animes).

• Joseph

Ive been critized for being white, loving Spain, hating national soccer, being Christian (Protestant), liking music on english/italian, having british blood.

Why? I live on Mexico

And weirdly I am exactly the opposite of a standard mexican.

it relies upon on which area you're shifting to the individuals in the south are oftentimes very conservative on all perspectives from faith to sexuality. the individuals in the west/southwest are extra liberal. the midwest is likewise extremely conservative. the east is in all hazard the main with mixed perspectives. nicely maximum individuals have a good experience of kin, faith, patriotism, and artwork. confident you will have the skill to get alongside. merely be type and you'd be returned the prefer.

• Yeah

Some people criticize, saying that I act "white". I don't act like any particular culture or race. I just like a lot of things that they like.

well some black people criticize me for not wearing the typical black things i see black girls wearing like apple bottoms jeans and baby phat and sneakers lol i dont have one style i wear what i feel like

i like wearing sneakers and i have baby phat clothes, but i like wearing flip flops and high heels too. my favorite color i wear is black cause i think i look sexy in black lol but im not emo or anything

yes. it is boring to constantly boil in your own culture. i like being out in the world.

I like the German culture. Have I been criticized b/c of that? no. thank goodness.