My brother is being targeted because he's a gay dad?

Recently my brother went through this whole thing with deciding to keep his baby (long-er story, after a drunken night he got a girl pregnant) and we were really happy with the new addition to our small family (we've lived together on our own since i was ten, six years ago.) His neighbors used to find him just... show more Recently my brother went through this whole thing with deciding to keep his baby (long-er story, after a drunken night he got a girl pregnant) and we were really happy with the new addition to our small family (we've lived together on our own since i was ten, six years ago.) His neighbors used to find him just disgusting because he was gay, but now they actually target him with cruel jokes and the worst comments you can make to a person because he his gay. He actually was beaten up right outside our house because he was gay and had a baby, and now people are going after me because i support him. How can we make this persecution stop? He's not going to stop being gay and he's not going to give up his son. He is 28, i'm 16, and baby Casey is barely a month old.
Update: I actually live in Canada, very close to Montreal. We live in a huge, expensive neighborhood and people are usually good to us. We have no support from our parents (both of us haven't spoken to them in over 6 years) and are virtually living with no one but each other...Lately, though, people just seem more... show more I actually live in Canada, very close to Montreal. We live in a huge, expensive neighborhood and people are usually good to us. We have no support from our parents (both of us haven't spoken to them in over 6 years) and are virtually living with no one but each other...Lately, though, people just seem more harrassing. And as to the getting-a-gun comment, we can't have guns here so...and my brother wouldn't allow one in the house anyway.