What are three of your favorite plays?

This is for those who are into theatre. Those who like plays. What are three plays that you like? Tell why you like them.

Best Answer

I am into Urban Theatre. Three plays that I have seen and loved are "Fabric of a man", "Love on layaway" and "Diary of a Mad Black Woman".

The first two were created by a playwright named David E. Talbert.

The Fabric of a Man is a story of Dominique Majors (Tammy Townsend), an up-and-coming fashion designer, a strong young woman who believes in her talent and has a passion for her work. She is in love with Blair Godfrey (Clifton Powell), a self-centered stockbroker who wishes she'd focus less on her career and more on him. One night Dominique stumbles into an old-school dry cleaner, where she meets Joshua King (Darren DeWitt Henson), a good-looking young tailor who takes interest in more than just her dry cleaning. Her father is a minister and she has stopped going to church to concentrate on her career and boyfriend. Even though everyone tells her he is no good for her, she makes excuses for his behavior.

Torn between the comfort of finance and the potential of new romance, Dominique is forced to decide which fabric of which man best suits her. The acting and the singing is superb(I didn't know Tammy Townsend could sing like that), and the plot has the capability of holding the interest of the viewer throughout the performance.

Love on layaway(my favorite) is about three couples crowded into a Philadelphia brownstone attempt to live together without losing their minds in this filmed performance of David E. Talbert's popular stage play. It seems that the romance in all three couples' relationships has hit the skids, and Monique Graham's (Deborah Cox) displeasure with her commitment-phobic boyfriend Anthony (Mel Jackson) is only the beginning of the romantic woes. Single mother Epiphany (Joi Campbell) is hard-pressed when forced to make a choice between her current boyfriend, Reggie (Chico Benymon), or her precocious six-year-old son, Man Man (Robbie Lewis Jr). And speaking of epiphanies, Ms. Willanetta's (Cassi Davis) recent religious experience has forced her to question her relationship with Renzo (Buddy Lewis), a man with whom she has been romantically involved with for over a decade. Let me show you the clip of my favorite part; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBbi2K2XTR8

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related (I missed Deborah Cox. She is one of my favorite singers. I loved her performance in this play, and I was SOOOOOO happy to hear her again after a long time.)

Diary of a Mad Black Woman was different from the movie. It was more light-hearted, funnier, and I had more sympathy for the husband in this play, than the idiot Charles in the movie.

Mary Poppins,Little Mermaid,and .....oh...i love Shreck!it rocks!

their all musicals but i love them

seven brides for seven brothers

singin' in the rain

chicago

and a whole bunch more but it only said three :)

Dark of the Moon is amazing! so is "The Actors Nightmare"