Where can I find info about financial statements are presented in FASB and IASB?

I have to write a paper comparing and contrasting how fasb and iasb present financial statements. I dont know where to look I googled it and everything but no luck :(

Favorite Answer

I'm not an accountant but I have had the opportunit to teach financial statements and "business acumen" to managers and executives from many companies around the world for the last 8 years. I've answered specific questions dealing with differences between international financial statement standards and US financial statement standards by doing side by side comparisons of financial statements of two "typical" publicly traded companies...one listed and governed by international rules and one by the U.S. SEC. Tty looking up companies listed on the london (or anyother non-U.S. stock exchange), go to their website and download their latest financials and then do the same for any Fortune 500 US company. High level differences are pretty obvious.

Source(s): www.6businessdrivers.com www.fasb.org www.iasb.org
  • Sandy

The 1st link gives you the 2008 financial statements of IBM. Note

Basis of presentation

The accompanying Consolidated Financial Statements and footnotes thereto of the International Business Machines Corporation (IBM and/or the company) have been prepared in accordance with accounting principles generally accepted in the United States of America (GAAP).

The 2nd link gives you the 2008 financial statements of Nokia. Note

Basis of presentation

The consolidated financial statements of Nokia Corporation (“Nokia” or “the Group”), a Finnish public limited liability company with domicile in Helsinki, in the Republic of Finland, are prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards as issued by the International Accounting Standards Board (“IASB”) and in conformity with IFRS as adopted by the European Union (“IFRS”).