How long do guys usually wait to cheat on their wife again?

Well, we all know once a cheater, always a cheater about 80% of the time. Of course there is that 10% that might not. But i want to know how long you think or know the typical guy will wait to cheat on his wife again? and will he with the same person he cheated on his wife with before?

Please no comments. Just answer the questions. Don't judge me. You don't know me

Favorite Answer

It will probably depend on the guy and how big of a cheat he is. As to will he cheat with the same person it depends on how serious they are. If their in love and he has strong feelings then I would say yes. If she was just some random girl then probably not. He will probably wait a little while so this way you won't suspect anything.

Once a cheater not always a cheater. That phrase is oversused and increasingly untrue.

Some people honestly just do cheat out of desperate need for something they lack, and not maliciously or habitually. There is such thing as making a mistake and not being the type of person to do it to BE a cheater. There is also such thing as making mistakes and learning from them, which a surprising number of cheaters do.

Sure, a LOT of people who are cheaters are emotionally and mentally predisposed to doing so because of their own demons. And yes, they will cheat out of nature or habit regardless.

No one can judge when a "typical" guy will do it again, or if he even will. And typical men dont cheat, typical people do. Women cheat too, dont forget. It is most likely it will be with the same person if he does, or someone similar or in a similar situation. If he picked her up at the gym you can bet he will do it again because that method is tried and true.

But if he is a good man who was remorseful and honestly does not want to stray again, he wont. Neither would a good woman who made a mistake.

Im not judging you or lecturing, Im just saying...If this is your scenario, I would think long and hard about whether you trust him anyway since you are logged in asking this question...Maybe you should leave if you are so convinced its a possibility it will happen again. You can do better.

I think you should go back counseling again, even if it is a different person, with your wife or without. You will more than likely continue to have trust issues after this as well. I can't blame you for wanting to get divorced, I'm not sure if it is something I could just ignore as well and move on from. Things to think about though: Your wife and other guy both agree it was a one time thing while you were gone for a long time. Not excusing it but it sounds like she may have lied due to a fear of you leaving and it would seem she obviously loves you. You will continue to be effected by this no matter what option you choose. For that reason I suggest you go back into counseling to figure out what it will take for you to trust someone again. Your relationships will not work without trust. If your session amounts to them telling you that you are unreasonable, safe to assume the two of you do not mesh well and you need to find a new therapist. Find a therapist who is actually able to help you through this time.

They will cheat again as soon as their is a void that they need to fulfill. If it was never filled after the first time, than you can assume that they would not wait very long and he is only going to cheat with the same woman if he knows for sure that this time he will not get caught.

My Ex-Husband slept with a stripper on our wedding night. (This did not come out until our Divorce) He then found a girl at his work and got her pregnant. That was about 3 months into our marriage when the affair began. I found out when she was 7 months along. As we separated and the twins arrival was pending he moved onto my at the time best friend. He did not waste a minute on getting the chance to jump on something else. Yes, more so than none they change partner's. Which is an increase for STD's.

I assume he won't be so stupid as to go out and do it immediately after. It really depends on the situation. How many opportunities does he have to cheat? Did the one he was cheating with KNOW she was the other woman?

I don't know the situation, but I'd give him four months because that just sounds like a good number.

My step dad cheated on my mom 5 times while they were dating. Then he cheated on her 10 years in to the relationship (they have 3 kids including me.)

She's watchful of him (I dont know why she hasn't dumped him already) but I assume he will cheat again. He also told my mom he was single when they first met, and cheated on his wife with my mom.

he will cheat again when he is for sure he won't get caught and chances are it might be the same person that they were with before but some guys go from girl to girl

It all depends if he got caught last time. If so he will wait a little until he feels like he has her right where he want's her. Usually when she let's her guards down. As women they know we love to feel special and so they will give us all the attention we need..but sooner or later that temptation will return. So it all depends. I think it gets easier each time.

The same amount of time female cheaters wait