Faith
Faith asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

How could a happily married father-of-two set up business called "Home Wreckers Inc."?

London, May 4 (ANI): While the world is suffering from the ongoing recession, it has proved to be a boon for adultery business.

Ashley Madison agency, which revels in the motto, "Life is short. Have an affair," is booming as its membership has soared from one million to 3.6 million in just 12 months.

Noel Biderman, the company's founder and chief executive said that many couples who would otherwise have divorced were seeking affairs at the moment because of the cost of hiring lawyers and the difficulty of selling the marital home.

The company has recently launched a new promotional campaign, targeting potential adulterers with TV ads placed on peak-viewing daytime slots.

He hopes his business will flourish even more with the launch of a service allowing members to access the site from their mobile phones.

"We're not just recession-proof, we're booming," the Telegraph quoted Biderman, 37, a happily married father-of-two who set up the business in his home city of Toronto in 2001.

The advertisement features an attractive woman enduring a dreadful dinner date with a boorish man.

"Have you ever found yourself on a really bad blind date?" asks the voice-over. "Now imagine that date lasting the rest of your life."

Mr Biderman is planning a full launch later this year of the business in Britain and Ireland, where it already has 25,000 registered users.

However, Brent Bozell, president of the Media Research Centre, a conservative monitoring group criticised the commercials for promoting "Home Wreckers Inc".

• Best Answer

Zero tolerance towards ALL cheaters.

Legally there are lots of issues there, is he insuring that there is no money exchange is going on among his members for sex favours, if not, he is in a big troubles.

Morally, he might argue he is keeping some families together to pass through a difficult period in their life. yet, those memories and shame inside the member never goes away when he/she looks in the eyes of his/her partner. the only way to correct this is to forgive yourself and your partner, and that is a hard job.

NB, many users register as it is for free , just out of curiosity, but do not know that their details can be traced back to their computer IB number, and if his/her partner checked that with Specialist, they would know exactly what when on, not matter what security measures on the website are there.

The best thing is keep away from physical contact. if you have a vagina or penis inside the house and you can sort it out with some talk, why do you look for a strange risky water from outside?

that is my view.

• Paula

The belief in god is real, whether one is christian, jewish, or muslim. God though, isn't real, so praying to "him" is about as useful as wishing on a star or asking your teddy bear for a magic bicycle. If the hijackers thought they had god on their shoulder telling them to destroy the WTC then they went to their demise happy, and if their victims found comfort in praying to their version of the same god in the hope they'd be in heaven before the devil knew they were dead then we can suppose they found some measure of comfort in that. Presumably there were rational thinkers on the planes too, who understood the inevitability of death and that no amount of magical thinking would change that. On at least one of the planes (UA93) was Todd Beamer and Thomas Burnett who in spite of their religious convictions didn't just sit and wait for heaven to happen, Neither did Jeremy Glick (jewish) or Mark Bingham (known otherwise as a gay rugby player). These four heroes attempted to salvage the situation after the hijack and you can be sure they weren't doing it for god. Trying to define the tragedy of the 9/11 flights as a struggle between differing beliefs in the same god is offensive when the reality is that there was a real human drama unfolding, with altruistic people doing their damnedest for their fellow man. The same could be said of the 343 NYC Firefighters lost that day, along with other first responders and countless other stories that will remain forever unknown. To pretend this was all about whose prayers were strongest is offensive beyond belief.

• Alion

The whole enterprise is very cynical. In a world where half of all married couples divorce and lawyers make a lot of money from

the proceedings, something like this was bound to come along eventually. It's not good but it is a sign of the times.

• RichB

To make money?

Just a guess.

Let's face it, if someone is seeking out this guy's services, they're going to have an affair anyway whatever he does. At least this way he gets to make a few easy bucks out of it, which will hopefully keep his own family afloat during the recession.

ROFLMFAO!!

Yuppies are just getting far too Much to cope with. Fancy being so bloody lazy you have to get a head Hunter to find you a shag!!

No wonder they effed up the economy. They really can't manage to organise a f*ck in a knocking shop, can they? Not without an intermediary, anyway!

I read about that the other day... it's just ridiculous! Surely people still have morals? It surprises me that they are allowed to advertise on television, I think it should be stuck at the back of the free papers with all the other sleazy deals.

How could a happily married man do that? Well, two possible reasons come to mind:

1. He isn't as happily married as he looks.

2. Money means far more to him than other people's happiness.

My suspicion would be that #2 is the correct answer. 'Happily married' does not equate to 'nice person'.

• ?

It sounds like he isn't happily married and if I was his wife I would look into it, but then again, if I was married to him, I would go out of lots of dates! And in front of him. But if he the jerk he sounds like, he wouldn't care, I would get rid of him, if she is a decent woman and get a lot of his assests. Be immoral is rising in this world and that is a shame. I for one is not the kind of person who commends these kind of actions. I am called a little old lady to some, but look who is calling me that, ones who have very little brain. I have a brain and I know what is right and what is wrong. You sound righteous to me. This life is no joke and we only have this one life on earth to redeem ourselves.

• CC

That statement does sound ironic....happily married father of 2 set up a "cheat on your spouse" website. Me thinks he is not so happily married. I am happily married and want that for everyone, I don't sit around trying to create a scenario that makes it easy to cheat on your spouse so I can make money. It sounds so immoral.

Hope my Mary don't read this, she gives me enough trouble with them Ukrainian beetroot plucker's down the Red Lion on domino nights.