Would you let your spouse travel alone around the world for 3-6 months?

Would you want/let your wife/husband to travel around the world 3-6 months alone, how would you feel about it? they are adamant to travel on their own, they can't find a friend who would join them, and prefers to go alone. reason why i'm asking is because my girlfriend wants to travel to several... show more Would you want/let your wife/husband to travel around the world 3-6 months alone, how would you feel about it?

they are adamant to travel on their own, they can't find a friend who would join them, and prefers to go alone.

reason why i'm asking is because my girlfriend wants to travel to several places around the world on her own after marriage, its been her long time dream to. but i find it very hard to think of the idea that if one day we get married and few years after she wants to travel around the world alone for that long.

what do i do, i would be okay with a few weeks, but 3-6 months is too long. she can't do it right now (before marriage) because of work issues. etc etc ...

she went on a 2 week holiday with few of her friends before and i missed her terribly, and was concerned for her safety.. i dont know how i'm going to handle 3-6 months without her if we get married and also her going alone, as anything can happen to her, and no one to protect her.

am i looking into this too much? should i be worried?
13 answers 13