What does the lyrics of the song "Break Even" by The Script mean?

"cause when her heart breaks, no it don't break even" ...?

Favorite Answer

Unless its a totally amicable break up, 1 person is really hurting more than the other. So maybe it means the Heart break that's felt isn't even. Great song by the way!!.

"There's no such thing as perfect, just varying degrees of almost." It was in the middle of a really good story I once read, and it was during an angsty sad moment that one of the characters said it. I cried. Other quotes I like: You asked me, "Whose life is more important, mine or yours?" I said mine. You walked away, not knowing that you are my life. One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching. Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back. It only means you are two steps ahead. Anyone who thinks sunshine is pure happiness has never danced in the rain. If the world didn't suck, we'd fall off. Today is a gift, that's why it's called present. I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me. The quality of life is not measured by the amount of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away. A smile is a curve that sets everything straight. Love isn't what makes the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile. Experience is a hard teacher; she gives the test first and the lesson afterward. Words are heavy things, they weigh you down. If birds talked, they couldn't fly. To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. You can be sad that roses have thorns or you can be happy that thorns have roses. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Just because you make a mistake doesn't mean you are a mistake. If life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life you have a thousand reasons to smile. Don't take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyways. Reach for the stars, even if you have to stand on a cactus. Happiness is a choice that requires effort at times. Change your thoughts and change your world. Be the change you want to see in the world. Happiness itself does not stay-only moments of happiness do. In order to change we must be sick and tired of being sick and tired. A chain is as strong as its weakest link. A broken heart is like a broken mirror: it is better to leave it broken than hurt yourself trying to fix it. Only God can judge me. Anyone who thinks sunshine is pure happiness has never danced in the rain. If life gives you lemons, stuff them in your bra. If life gives you limes, mix up the letters and turn them into a smile. Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver. Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is opportunity. Your work is to discover your work and with all your heart to give yourself to it. Before you can walk in someone else's shoes, you must first remove your own. Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Imagination is one weapon in the war against reality. Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

i guess it kind of means that when you break something, it takes longer to break if it's not clean/even.

So when someones heart breaks, it takes a while to get better, and even then, it still upsets them.

but it probs means something completley different to the script.

• shane

Basically when two people break up, one person will always care more about it than the other no matter what. That's what I get from it anyway.