I am 16 and looking for exciting fantasy books, what are some good titles and authors?

I've read Magic or Madness Series, Harry Potter Series, Series of Unfortunate Events, and my personal favorite - the twilight saga

I'm looking for a few books that will be able to hold my attention and get my imagination flowing. I don't like preppy books and love books about magic, romance, vampires, and the impossible.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

read Harry Turtledove he does some great fantasy and alternate reality try Beyond the Gap or Videssos Cycle (which is a series of books) the first one is The Misplaced Legion or any of his war time books are also great also try Philip K Dick if you've seen the movies Minority Report, Blade Runner, Scanner Darkly or Total Recall they are all based on his novels and the novels are alot better and Man in the High Castle is another one by Philip that is great

• 1 decade ago

Twilight -Stephenie Meyer

The Host - Stephenie Meyer

The House of Night Series- P.C. Cast and Kirsten Cast

The Hunger Games - Suzzane Collins

Vampire Academy - Richelle Mead

The Night World - L.J. Smith

Vampire Diaries - L.J. Smith

Vampire Kisses - sorry dont remeber auther :D

and i think thats about it ..all the books are sereies and they will defently get u hooked and get ur imagination flowing especiall Twilight,Vampire Academy and The house of night series with their cliffhangers though all the other books are still incredable

hope i helped

have fun reading

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hi, you might want to try my own recently published book, entitled "The Tales of Tanglewood: The Lon Dubh Whistle".

You can download the first three chapters for free, at http://www.talesoftanglewood.com

Within the pages of the book, readers will discover Colin, a child who is fully aware of the hidden world of myth and wonder hiding within the woods just beyond his home, long kept secret by old magic. Only the fey magic which runs through his veins has enabled Colin to find what others cannot; the Tanglewood, the 'wood within the woods.

Full of odd characters and creatures of the fey, the Tanglewood is a world of magnificent folklore come to life. As Colin begins to explore the Tanglewood, he will find friendship with the ferrish Ailfrid, the elfin girl Deidre, and Doc Muffingrow, a wise druid.

Colin will also find that there is much magic in himself, as well as dangerous enemies who will not let him find solace in the wood so easily. Ailil, King of the Sprites and ruler of The Below, has laid claim to his spirit, and Colin will need the help of his friends and quite a bit of magic to save himself.

The Tanglewood is a place like no other, and Colin is a boy like no other. Throughout his adventures, he will uncover the secret of the fey blood within him, and help dispel the poisonous corruption and hidden dangers that threaten the inhabitants of the wood and the Tanglewood itself.

For more details and to download the first three chapters for free, go to http://www.talesoftanglewood.com

or you can check out the reviews at Amazon.com

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

The Lord of the Rings is an epic high fantasy novel written by English academic J. R. R. Tolkien. The story began as a sequel to Tolkien's earlier fantasy book The Hobbit and soon developed into a much larger story. It was written in stages between 1937 and 1949, with much of it being created during World War II.[1] It was originally published in three volumes in 1954 and 1955 (much to Tolkien's annoyance, since he had intended it to be a single volume),[2] and has since been reprinted numerous times and translated into at least 38 languages,[3] becoming one of the most popular works in 20th-century literature.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Ashes & Illusions by Stefanie Ellis

Blue Bloods & Masquerade & Revelations by Melissa de la Cruz

Cirque Du Freak by Darren Shan

Evernight & Stargazer by Claudia Gray

Glass Houses & The Dead Girl's Dance & Midnight Alley & Feast of Fools & Lord of Misrule & Carpe Corpus by Rachel Caine

Marked & Betrayed & Chosen & Untamed & Hunted by P. C. Cast

Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris

The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice

Vampire Academy & Frostbite & Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead

Vampire Diaries by L.J Smith

Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber

• 1 decade ago

*Wicked Lovely> about this teen who can see life size faeries

*Children of the Lamp> about 2 children who are djinn

*look into some point fanasy books http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Point-Fantasy-Collecti... a good book from point fantasy is "Princess Nevermore" by Dian Curtis Regan- about this 16 year old princess who is from "middle earth" travels through a wishing well right into our world.

*Well right now i'm reading a vampire book, well it's a series, but i'm not sure if you'd find it interesting. it's called Jaz Parks, and the first one is Once bitten twice shy, and she's an assassin and she is teamed up w/ this vampire guy who she beings crushing on.

http://www.jenniferrardin.com/?page_id=15

* Read Anne Rice; two vampire books you must read from her are "Interview with the Vampire", and "The Mummy or Ramses the Damned"

*Wicked> about the wicked witch of the west's point of view about what happened in the wizard of oz

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Try the House of Night series by P.C. and Kristin Cast. The series goes in this order:

Marked

Betrayed

Chosen

Untamed

Hunted - the most recent

Tempted - coming out in November

• 1 decade ago

Terry Brooks. The Shannara series is great and his Magic Kingdom series is pretty funny. I haven't read a lot of his other stuff, but he has a lot of books out there.

• 1 decade ago

I'd recommend the A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin..

I'm 16 as well..just saying

Source(s): lol. the books?
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm pretty sure u'll like Undead Series by Mary Janice Davidson

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.