Black Old-Hollywood Divas?

I really love black old hollywood royalty. My favorite is Dorothy Dandridge. I also love Lena Horne, Diahann Carol, Josephine Baker, Ella Fitzgerald, and Billie Holiday. Does anyone share my love for this era? Do you know any good websites wear I can get information on these people? Who is your favorite?

• TL
    Favorite Answer

So do I and I'm working on building an extensive collection of black films and the stars of the era,including Eartha Kitt,Horne,Baker and the great Billie Holiday. I'm not sure where the sites,if they exist,are but you can always go to Amazon and type in some names and see what comes up. I found,Carmen Jones,Introducing Dorothy Dandridge and The Josephine Baker Story. I'm hoping that they'll finally find someone to portray Lena Horne as well. There are also actresses like Ina Mae McKinney and Freddie Washington (in the original Imitation of Life) Also,there are a number of films with Pearl Bailey,who I was lucky enough to see in "Hello,Dolly"

Try www.biography.com

I love all Black history. Phyllis Hyman is my all time fav Black female entertainer. I know Hyman is more modern, but she would have fit into that era easily. What a beautiful woman.

well Pam Grier is a celeb in her own right she starred in some blaxpoitation films back in the day and a tarantino film called "jackie brown"

www.imdb.com

www.wikipedia.org