How should I fix the action on my electric guitar?

I know how to fix the action on my electric guitar (fender stratocaster squier...just learning!) but I don't know how high or low it should go. At the moment I can strum all of the strings at any fret and it won't buzz (i think i termed that correctly). When I do a "slide" thing going up... show more I know how to fix the action on my electric guitar (fender stratocaster squier...just learning!) but I don't know how high or low it should go. At the moment I can strum all of the strings at any fret and it won't buzz (i think i termed that correctly).

When I do a "slide" thing going up (higher notes), it doesn't sound very smooth though, and i think it's because i've raised the strings TOO much.

So, whats a correct level for the strings? (or is it normal for the "slide" going from a note to a higher note to sound a little uneven?)

thanks!
2 answers