• Arts & Humanities >
  • Performing Arts
  • Arts & Humanities >
  • Performing Arts

How should I fix the action on my electric guitar?

• Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
I know how to fix the action on my electric guitar (fender stratocaster squier...just learning!) but I don't know how high or low it should go. At the moment I can strum all of ...show more
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
If you hate the sliding noise on your guitar strings
you can buy a liquid that stops the screeching when shifting from note to note. You can buy it at any local guitar shop

Also , you decide how low or how high you want the strings from the fretboard, I dont like my strings being to high on the fretboard. I just leave it a little bit higher from the fretboard.

Source:

Guitarist

Asker's rating & comment

5 out of 5
thx
  • 0
    0
  • Comment

Other Answers (1)

• Mr. Stab answered 6 years ago
    it's all down to trial and error-you have to judge the correct intonation yourself by keeping up the tests youre already doing. because there are different string guages (and different models of strats) etc. there isnt any fixed set of guidelines.

keep tweaking till you find that sweet spot, but be careful not to over-do it; ive heard a few disaster stories about warped or snapped truss rods.

if you think a strat is hard to set up, wait till you try stringing a guitar with a floating bridge!!

good luck :)

Source(s):

"experience"
    • 0
      0
    • Comment
  • How should I fix the action on my electric guitar?
    I know how to fix the action on my electric guitar (fender stratocaster squier...just learning!) but I don't know how high or low it should go. At the moment I can strum all of the strings at any fret and it won't buzz (i think i termed that correctly).

When I do a "slide" thing going up (higher notes), it doesn't sound very smooth though, and i think it's because i've raised the strings TOO much.

So, whats a correct level for the strings? (or is it normal for the "slide" going from a note to a higher note to sound a little uneven?)

thanks!
    Sign In 

to add your answer

1

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock