What is the recent product you put into your dishwasher to clean the lines of mineral deposits?

I'm not getting any answers in home maintenance and repairs so I hope someone here can help.

What is the recent product (tablet??) you put into your dishwasher to clean the lines of mineral deposits?

I have heard of a recent product on a tv commercial that is recommended you put in your dishwasher to remove lime and calcium deposits. I can't recall what it is or where to buy it. Anyone know or have any ideas on how to take care of the mineral buildup without calling a repairman? Thanks.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I just run my dishwasher (empty) using Lime A Way or CLR. They are sold at Target or Walmart.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I hadn't heard about a tablet that eliminates lime & mineral deposits in the dishwasher. I use Jet Dry dishwasher cleaner, that comes in a plastic bottle, which goes into the silverware basket. (bottle & all) (empty out the dishwasher first) Read the instructions on the bottle, then let it do it's job. I use the cleaner as needed. It's sold in the grocery stores in the section where dishwasher soap, Jet Dry Rinsing Agent, etc. are sold.

• Maria
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I saw on TV, really! Sorta. They didn't put the kitchen in the dishwasher but instead they turned the whole kitchen in to a dishwasher. They changed everything to plastic or sealed it up, put a drain in the floor, and installed waterjets everywhere to wash the kitchen down. Then fans dried it out. It didn't look like it worked all that well. It was still a work in progress. But you are not the first to think that way.

• I hadn't heard of a product like that. Hopefully someone knows - I'd like to try that too. Our dishwasher is actually getting pretty bad and we called someone out about 2 months ago. He suggested just running vinegar through on it's own ( no dishes in it ) every so often. It has helped some, but not as much as I had hoped.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, I saw this already posted and it sounds crazy but it works. A good old package of sugar free lemon Kool Aid. Maybe $.25. Beats the $ 3-4 bucks the other stuff costs.I had a house cleaning business and read many books on the topic of cheap easy cleaning.

• -
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I think you can use a package of lemonade Koolaid, it has citric acid in it and that it the key ingredient to cleaning the dishwasher, pretty cheap too especially if you get it on sale.

• 1 decade ago

White vinegar and Bi Carb soda, cleans everything!!

Cheap as chips.

Put the vinegar in the bottom then empty the bi-carb in. You can't use too much! Fantastic for shower screens too. Anywhere there is mineral build up..

• 1 decade ago

White vinegar works best. Dissolves lime / calcium cause it is an acid . Cleaned out leaky valves and shower heads, along with faucet screens too.

Source(s): Science class from grade school to find out if a certain rock contains limestone or calcium by bubbling up and dissolving it
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Anything with citric acid, like Limeaway or Lemi-Shine, will get that out. Use it two consecutive times then once a month. Some people also swear by Tang.

• 1 decade ago

I have never had that problem but, I use lemons or vinegar to wash things down with at times for cleaning.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.