What is the recent product you put into your dishwasher to clean the lines of mineral deposits?

I'm not getting any answers in home maintenance and repairs so I hope someone here can help.

What is the recent product (tablet??) you put into your dishwasher to clean the lines of mineral deposits?

I have heard of a recent product on a tv commercial that is recommended you put in your dishwasher to remove lime and calcium deposits. I can't recall what it is or where to buy it. Anyone know or have any ideas on how to take care of the mineral buildup without calling a repairman? Thanks.

Favorite Answer

I just run my dishwasher (empty) using Lime A Way or CLR. They are sold at Target or Walmart.

I hadn't heard about a tablet that eliminates lime & mineral deposits in the dishwasher. I use Jet Dry dishwasher cleaner, that comes in a plastic bottle, which goes into the silverware basket. (bottle & all) (empty out the dishwasher first) Read the instructions on the bottle, then let it do it's job. I use the cleaner as needed. It's sold in the grocery stores in the section where dishwasher soap, Jet Dry Rinsing Agent, etc. are sold.

• Maria

I saw on TV, really! Sorta. They didn't put the kitchen in the dishwasher but instead they turned the whole kitchen in to a dishwasher. They changed everything to plastic or sealed it up, put a drain in the floor, and installed waterjets everywhere to wash the kitchen down. Then fans dried it out. It didn't look like it worked all that well. It was still a work in progress. But you are not the first to think that way.

• I hadn't heard of a product like that. Hopefully someone knows - I'd like to try that too. Our dishwasher is actually getting pretty bad and we called someone out about 2 months ago. He suggested just running vinegar through on it's own ( no dishes in it ) every so often. It has helped some, but not as much as I had hoped.

Yes, I saw this already posted and it sounds crazy but it works. A good old package of sugar free lemon Kool Aid. Maybe $.25. Beats the $ 3-4 bucks the other stuff costs.I had a house cleaning business and read many books on the topic of cheap easy cleaning.

• -

I think you can use a package of lemonade Koolaid, it has citric acid in it and that it the key ingredient to cleaning the dishwasher, pretty cheap too especially if you get it on sale.

White vinegar and Bi Carb soda, cleans everything!!

Cheap as chips.

Put the vinegar in the bottom then empty the bi-carb in. You can't use too much! Fantastic for shower screens too. Anywhere there is mineral build up..

White vinegar works best. Dissolves lime / calcium cause it is an acid . Cleaned out leaky valves and shower heads, along with faucet screens too.

Source(s): Science class from grade school to find out if a certain rock contains limestone or calcium by bubbling up and dissolving it

Anything with citric acid, like Limeaway or Lemi-Shine, will get that out. Use it two consecutive times then once a month. Some people also swear by Tang.

I have never had that problem but, I use lemons or vinegar to wash things down with at times for cleaning.