What's wrong with calling black people "black?"?

how come alot of (im not saying all, just alot ) of black people get mad when were like "oh that black girl___" we have to call them "african americans" well, howcome they can go "oh that white girl" without it being considered racist? we dont go" i prefer european american" like wtf?

they should get over themselves, in my opinion.

*im not saying all black people do this, so dont say im sterotyping or whatever.

maybe theyre jsut more sensitive than we are.

Favorite Answer

My name is Jack

And I'm a troll

I come to y/a

To rock and roll

I've just got to level three

There's no troll as good as me!

I see your point. I've had someone get mad at me because I said although African Americans are often refer edd to as black most of the darker pigmented individuals are just dark brown. I haven't seen too many people the same color as my laptop. I didn't see what the big deal was.

Fact is, we know that African Americans are of African descent. We also know that they're American same as every other American. I don't mind referring to them as either black or African American though. Maybe some people want to differentiate themselves from native Africans and maybe some might want to differentiate themselves from other Americans. Maybe the person you spoke to just wants something to complain about.

Don't worry about the people who get pissed at you. You know your own beliefs and that should be enough. There are people out there who say a lot worse things. When it comes to people, it's the idiots who are the loudest and most obnoxious which keeps the good people from being seen or heard. Take solace in the fact that there are plenty other people out there who have a brain.

Then again what makes someone else mad may not be a big deal to me and vice versa so maybe these people you're talking about are too sensitive maybe they're justified, or maybe I'm just too laid back.

Nothing. I say that black guy, that Indian chick, etc. It's not being racist, it's being descriptive. Especially when you don't even know the name of the person you're describing. It's only insulting if someone very well knows who you are but prefers to call you that white/black girl. Now that's uncalled for.

• I've never heard of alot of black people not wanting to be called black. As for African American it sounds better but it's not genetically correct for most of us.

Black has such a negative connotation and as you can see we aren't all the color black. I don't mind being called black it's just how it's said sometimes. Why can't you just say "That girl..."

• pinky

EVERYTHING! Their skin color is BROWN, not BLACK!

I read a book like that. It was written by an African American, and all the characters were AA. They called the Caucasion people 'white' instead of Caucasion. And I knew this girl that was bullied. At her old school their were a lot of AA and they all called her white trash. So it's not like we are the ONLY ONES that are racist :P

Let's keep it real!

Black = black.

if you were a self loathing bitter white hating racist you would look for any reason to get up set and blame others for you internal anger

understanding and controlling ones emotions takes discipline, self control and the ability to reason since most blacks grow up without strong parent figures they don't develop these traits as thoroughly as others since these traits are learned at a young age, also in the black culture adults don't talk to or read to young children, all this combines in to cause a person to have underdeveloped person skills

Source(s): I have spent 4 years studying child development and psychology and how it differs from culture to culture and race to race

Maybe they just like being called something more specific. Not all black people are african american.

I don't find it racist but people prefer"african american" but it comes natural that you say black

nothing.

everyone calls white people white.

and some black people get super mad and offended when you call them african americans, and they say they're not. so it's like, i guess i was supposed to automatically know you are from jamaica just from looking at you.

but yeah. i guess they're more sensitive.

Weird. I prefer to call myself black, I actually hate when people say African American. Too many syllables, just say black. xD