R&P:What are some songs that remind you of 9/11?

I was listening to my iTunes on shuffle and the song Fix You by Coldplay came on.

this song reminds me of what happened on that sad day.(9/11)

Best Answer

'Illume (9/11)' ~ Fleetwood Mac

Stevie Nicks wrote it a month or so after the event, but she was actually in New York that morning ~ she had flown in the night before for her solo tour.

I wish I could post a link, but WMG had Youtube remove my video :,(

My first pick is Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star; then When You Wish Upon A Star--from Disney's Pinocchio; then, Somewhere Over the Rainbow --by Harlen Arlen in 1939 in Wizard of Oz; then I'll Do Anything (For You) and or Where Is Love? -both from Oliver.. and after that you might look at real traditional kids's tunes like "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "Mary Had a Little Lamb". Now, if I am off base here and you want a more distant perspective like the other posts suggest, look at Starry Starry Night (also called "Vincent"). All the best, Irvin Toronto

Jimmy Eat World Released a 2001/09 version of the Bleed American Album

Anything played on bagpipes. The sounds of bagpipes all over the NY metro area for months on end at the funerals of cops and firefighters forever will bring 9/11 back to mind whenever they are heard again.

Skylines and Turnstiles - My Chemical Romance

It was written about 9/11 actually.

I can't think of anymore at the minute.

But I think about 9/11 every time I hear somebody sing God Bless America because our entire school sang it around the flag pole that day. I was a little kid at the time, in elementary school, but I still remember it.

• I don't really remember much of 9/11 because the second it happened my parents pulled me out of class to get my teeth pulled. Then I just remember hearing my mom crying, and me asking for sherbert, and she sat down on my bed and told me that my uncle loyd had been sent into the towers to do rescues..and that he hadn't come out yet.

as far as this question goes I can only answer songs that remind me of my uncle loyd-Roadhouse Blues- the doors

In too deep-genesis

breaking the law-judas priest

those were his favorite songs.

..man I've lost alot of uncles.

• Hannah

God Bless the USA and that Enya song (Only Time) because they were both being played on the radio all the time following 9/11.

Hands Held High by Linkin Park.

"He Ain't Heavy - He's My Brother" The Hollies reminds me of 9/11.

So does "Amazing Grace" if I hear it (especially on bagpipes) I cry right away.

I used to work downtown on the corner of Broadway and Vesey (one block from Ground Zero) and when they have the ceremonies on 9/11 we could hear everything. So heartbreaking.

I was lucky not to lose anyone that day.

I Grieve by Peter Gabriel. He wrote it in response to 9/11 actually. Here is a live video of him discussing it and performing it on Larry King Live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbItz_NAIEs

Youtube thumbnail

Here is the studio version with a beautiful picture show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQzU-PJ_eAY

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related