Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Why do red sox fans act like they have already won the WS?

is it because the red sox have the biggest bandwagon going?

Favorite Answer

Because they think if you win two WS in five years the baseball universe revolves around you.

It's ridiculous the lack of perspective and respect for the game these modern Red Sox fans have.

I can't wait until the baseball universe rights itself and the Red Sox go back to the team they've been before the last 5 years.

I love how Red Sox fans think that the Red Sox are this historical juggernaut powerhouse, when these last five years is BY FAR the most success they have EVER had in their ENTIRE history.

Even the Yankees late 90s dynasty (which actually was a dynasty, a threepeat IS a dynasty, two championships in five years is NOT a dynasty) was a joke in comparison to their dynasties in the 50s.

The Red Sox have had a few seasons here and there where they were competitive, but they were pretty much a generally bad team.

Also, they have short memory spans and can't remember that any season not named 2008 where the Yankees have five Major League quality starters they will inevitably come back no matter the deficit.

It's just because the Yankees usually come out on top and Red Sox fans are pissed. Like, really pissed. I used to live in Boston soI just thought it was normal but now I know it's not. The Red Sox is a team that every bostonian loves and worships. The reason Yankee fans don't do that to Red Sox fans is because they think "Hey, we won! We don't need to hate the Red Sox! They lost to us!" However if it was the Red Sox who where better than the Yankees, then Yankee fans would do the same thing. Practically growing up at fenway I saw some brutal Yankee fans as well so don't single out Red Sox fans.

I am a Yankee fan & i have to say that the Red Sox have been pretty competitive in the past 5 years (Winning 2 WS) BUT they will never reach the accolades The New York Yankees has acheived (Dynasty).

• ?

Because most of those fans were on the Rays badwagon last year, but in all fairness the Red Sox have been playing good ball until their winning streak ended.

• S P

because they are all rude and obnoxious. Was at the Rays game last night surrounded by the biggest idiots in the world. Yankees fans aren't even that rude.

I don't act like that. I really don't know where you are going with this question.

I know there is a long season left to go. I know there are many good teams that are capable as well.

I don't think "all" Red Sox fans act like this.

and dont mind my username its just a name lol

Source(s): KONJ

They're joking. They really do stink. Red Sox fans are crazy.

they dont realize that we're only 25 games in

Because they want to act like Yankee fans.

Even if they did theyd still whine and complain.