What can i do my car got towed?

So i have an apartment in Michigan and i drove all the way to illinois to pick up a car i had just bought, I drove it all the way back parked it in my apparent parking lot(which they tow in without a permit) but seing how i just bought it i unloaded all my stuff ran up to drop it off there was about 8 minutes left in the Bulls Celtics game so i had to watch it. I come outside to move my car and it got towed. I live in the complex and i called the towing company to tell them what they did. But they said that i should have had a permit on it, i literally left for 15 minutes and it was gone, i live there and i refuse to pay 118 dollars to get a car out of somewhere i pay rent at and live. There has to be something that i can do please anyone help me out!

Favorite Answer

Pay the tow bill or let them keep the car. The tow company is not going to release the car without getting paid. Get the car out today, because they will charge storage every day that it is left there.

What happens is that property management companies sign contracts with tow companies to tow cars that do not have the permits. Usually the tow company will cruise through the lot several times a day, looking for cars to tow. You happened to have had the bad luck to have them come while you were watching the game.

You could complain to the apartment management, but I doubt they will do anything for you.

Sorry

Source(s): 29 years in the auto business
    • Dave5 years agoReport

i totally agree with this answer you need to get your care ASAP

• gombos

Car Got Towed

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What can i do my car got towed?

So i have an apartment in Michigan and i drove all the way to illinois to pick up a car i had just bought, I drove it all the way back parked it in my apparent parking lot(which they tow in without a permit) but seing how i just bought it i unloaded all my stuff ran up to drop it off there was...

Source(s): car towed: https://biturl.im/kt0NY

fire4511 gave you a very practical and sensible response, but I disagree. As a tenant of an apartment or rental property, you have specific rights of possession. Even when you rent a room in a hotel, you have specific rights and entitlements to that bit of real estate (these are usually posted inside the door). You have a legally guaranteed right to occupy and enjoy. You have a right to park your car in your parking space, period. Regardless of sticker.

Go to the apartment manager and show proof of ownership of the towed vehicle. Explain the situation. Be calm and businesslike. Establish a time window that makes it impossible to have gotten a sticker. Ask the manager to call the towing company and get the car back.

If the manager refuses, threaten to send written notification to your state's Department of Real Estate. Your state's DoRE is required by law to respond to your written complaint, which triggers legal action and becomes an expense to your landlord.

The towing company is a customer of your landlord, and should be willing to return the car as a good faith practice. All you need to do is ask. If the property manager is unwilling, spring the car to save further storage, but assure the manager of repercussion. Send the letter. Go to small claims court. Take them to task.

YOU pay the landlord's mortgage. THEY should appreciate that, and work to find exceptions. If they can not do this, go to court and ask for triple damages. Most judges will find in your favor.

ive dealt with that on a few different occasions.

maybe if u show the proof of purchase like the date on the title they'll be able to do something for u otherwise pay for it to get out now before the bill gets higher & higher

call your landlord tell him or her how you feel. maby the'll payfor you or at the very least split it with ya but as far as court to costly and time consuming.

Source(s): just my thoughts