Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous

Is NYC the best city in the world in your opinion?

If it is then say Aye, if it is not then tell me a better city and tell me why.

Meh I liked Tokyo more than NYC, I am still living here though.

Favorite Answer

NYC does not have the highest crime rate, it has one of the lowest in the nation in fact, matches Boise, Idaho.

Also. NOOOOOO, as a man who has been born there and lived there, no way is NYC the best in the world. If you include Long Island then it is a different story.

Bronx, Queens and Brooklyn are all THE crappiest places on earth to live in. First of all, if you are not Black or Hispanic, you will get crap from everyone living there. Also there is A LOT of racism in NYC despite its diversity, a lot of the East Indians there got discriminated against after 911. The Puerto Ricans in NYC give Puerto Ricans elsewhere a bad name.

TOO MANY ITALIANS too in NYC, I mean the wanna beez with crappy accents not the regular type.

The people in NYC are democrat sheep in terms of politics. You will see some of the most hypocrite blacks in NYC, most of whom think White people are evil.

NYC the best to visit? Maybe

Best to live in? *gets on the plane to some 3rd world country* THAT is better than NYC.

London, Tokyo, Los Angeles, Chicago, Seattle, Frankfurt, Venice, New Delhi, Toronto, Miami, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, and even a town like Des Moines are way better places to live in than NYC.

Ed: Hong Kong has a good skyline too, your point?

Seriously, Skylines are for looking at, if you want to live in a city like NYC, you better make over 500k to live the good life.

I am living in NYC at the moment, when I lived in California I really wanted to move to NYC, now that I have.. i realized it's just like any other city.

I am more of a Vancouver person myself though.

Yeah f***!ng right. I'll take los angeles over new york city anyday. I mean at least the weather here is nicer.

sorry for the way I answered but you are making the inference that new york city is the best unless proven wrong (which is technically a fallacy because just because it hasn't been proven wrong that doesn't mean it's been proven right).

No.

I almost kissed the pavement of LAX when I got back from NYC. Tokyo probably kicks all other cities' asses in my opinion.

Oh please, NYC skyline has been sucking since the world trade center fell. Even the Hong Kong skyline is better:

http://vanillabomb.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/hon...

http://www.askasia.org/images/teachers/display/120...

http://www.deskpicture.com/DPs/Places/HongKongByNi...

Its a great city, dunno about it being the best city. Its a great city that is rich in culture, where everyone is accepted regardless of race, nationality, sexual preference, religion or political view. Like all other large cities, however, there are some that are violent, rude, arrogant and there are some parts that are dirty and need fixing up, but then again....thats just like all large cities.

Source(s): New Yorker, Tonawanda by way of Queens and Brooklyn.

Tokyo vs. NYC..I'm gonna have to go w/ NYC for me. Tokyo seems overrated :(, and just not for me, if I wanted to see hot chicks and neon lights I'd go to Times Square or the Vegas Strip. NYC is a good city if you're all for diversity and good transportation. I'd prefer Las Vegas, D.C.,CHICAGO, or Miami though.

I, like Ayita, also hate LA! Just doesn't appeal to me, and NYC is one of the safest cities in the country, far safer than LA.

Mr. Cliff: Yeah, but NYC has a fantastic skyline, something other cities don't have or isn't as good. In my opinion, only Chicago's skyline can come close to competiting with NYC's.

No

i'd love to visit.

But I'm deffo a London boy

or Honolulu :P !

London is just awesome, plus, New York is too overly busyyy

Naw it ain't. Atlanta because it's cleaner than nyc.

Peace

Depends on your criteria. It's certainly the richest, and produces the most entertainment, but it isn't the cleanest, the most free, it has a high crime rate, the people that live there are rude to one another.

• Ayita

I love NYC.

I would love to see London or Tokyo. Those cities are amazing.

EDIT

I hate LA. The people over there seem very fake, arrogant, obnoxious, and so apperance driven. They could never survive in the East Coast.