Why the heck were "Juno" and Ellen Page nominated for Oscars?

I mean... WHAT?! Okay, I know its old news but I only just rented Juno the other week cos I thought well it got nominated over sooo many amazing movies, so this must be INCREDIBLE. And so I watched it and I was left with a feeling of disgust... I mean why?? There were soooo many movies out that year with... show more I mean... WHAT?!

Okay, I know its old news but I only just rented Juno the other week cos I thought well it got nominated over sooo many amazing movies, so this must be INCREDIBLE.

And so I watched it and I was left with a feeling of disgust... I mean why??
There were soooo many movies out that year with incredible everything, amazing acting, amazing cinematography, amazing directing, etc, etc.... like The Assassination of Jesse James by The Coward Robert Ford or Into The Wild, etc, etc??

And then there's Ellen Page... in my opinion she shouldn't have even been considered for a goddamn Oscar let alone nominated for goodnes sake?
Its not like it was a difficult role for her to play since her offscreen personality pretty much reflects "Juno." She is one of those "Oh I'm so mature, I don't care what anyone thinks of me" annoying teenagers... gahhh this just p!sses me off so much!! The academy always gets it wrong but this is an all-time low...

Opinions?