Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 decade ago

Who would win in a political debate between Jon Stewart & Rush Limbaugh?

And how much would you pay to see it?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

What I find humorous here is the fact that the Rushies think his show and rants are based on facts......thats a real gas. All Rush does is spew hatred and misinformation..All you have to do is have the brains and sense enough to look up the issues for yourself to find the truth.

Source(s): Life...and actually listening to the man until I get to sick of him to listen anymore
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Why do you think that sort of thing would upset us. We don't like John Stewart because he's a poster boy for the democratic movement. We like John Stewart because unlike all the other news agencies, he takes the must know news and presents it in a way that doesn't make us want to crawl into a hole and die at the end of the broadcast. He sheds light on serious issues that need attention without depressing us over the fact that 90% of our elected leaders act like a bunch of idiots trying to figure out how to hump a door knob. Last night's program was a prime example of why we love John, because while Yes he was agreeing with fox news, he pointed out just how screwed up the situation was when people like dick cheney were demanding government accountability and donald rumsfeld was complaining about how talking points were changed.

• 1 decade ago

Jon Stewart is a comedian. Rush Limbaugh has read the constitution. Who do you think would win a debate on substance?

I listen to Rush not because of his monologues, but for the authentic sound bites he plays to back up his statements -- many of which I either don't remember or may have missed.

If you limit your news sources to Jon Stewart and the so-called mainstream media, you are cheating yourself. Try FOX NEWS where the news is discussed by a party of both sides - then do your own thinking.

• 1 decade ago

When Jon Stewart thinks that former president Harry S. Truman is a war criminal then he is not doing a good job of research. That said I would go with Rush Limbaugh because he does look things up and uses facts!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Close call. Jon would go for facts and Rush would go for volume.

• Garth
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Stewart by far, the man an actually think on his feet. Limbaugh has to have a team of writers and cue cards just to eat his 7000 calorie lunch.

$39.95 on pay per view, probably make a fortune.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Who's Jon Stewart?

• Stewart, he at least comes armed with Facts (His research team is very good) and distorts some of them but he makes it clear what is distortion and what is FACT. Limbaugh on the other hand does not bother with facts only distortions although he does run them by his team of lawyers to see if there is any "Actionable" slander(His legal team is very good).

I see the facts bother the Republicans. Do a little research, you would be amazed at what facts you can find.

• 1 decade ago

Absolutely Stewart. And yes, I'd pay to make it happen..

There's a reason Limbaugh does NO media outside his own show. Because he does shtick. It doesn't hold up in sincere, rational debate. Of course he'd say the reason he doesn't is because of liberal bias. That's his shtick, his excuse.

• Sarah
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

On substance or screaming over the other one?

On substance, Stewart would dominate Limbaugh....if it were just a rant/yelling session, Limbaugh would shout him down.

I'd love to see it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.