Why do I often have nothing to say?

Whenever I am in group situations I am usually pretty quiet and don't really know what to say. However there are some people I hang out with and we never stop talking. Do you think I am just shy around certain people? How can I become more talkative?

• Favorite Answer

We must change ourselves for valid reasons, not to be like others or to win approval from others.

Self-improvement is a must and is a continual process.

But we must change ourselves on our own for our own benefit.

Sonya,

I think you have often nothing to say because the others say shallow things.

If I am right, you are a deep person, and that is a good thing.

Please be what you are, and develop yourself.

We must be what we ought to be.

We must do what we ought to do.

I guess you are young.

Here come best wishes to you from an unknown 'grandpa.'

"Silence is golden" and is NOT a bad thing. Sometimes much of value is learned by quiet evaluation. This can then be incorporated into one's vast learning computer (brain). Your speaking ability will develop and to a greater advantage. Just take it slowly. What shall we then say to these things? If GOD be for us, WHO can be against us? - Romans 8:31 The Lord daily loadeth us with BENEFITS, even the GOD of our salvation. Selah. - Psalm 68:19 Peace!

• ?

Sounds like shyness ! You just don't feel comfortable with the group situation ! Afraid you may say somethimg dumb or be made fun of or rejected for what you might of said - could be the reason ! Give it time - you may adjust to the group setting !

Yeah, you're probably shy and intimidated. If you're like me, you have that fear of saying something wrong and sounding stupid, and God forbid they think anything less of you than "being cool". I'm paranoid this way, which is why I don't do group outings.

You're an introvert, like me. Not shy, but not one to put yourself out in front of too many people.

Its because you care too much about what others think about you...Just say whatever the heck is in your mind...I was kinda like that..and am still(a wee bit)..

Anxiety can cause brain farts.

happens to me too

When there's nothing to say, then it's best not to say anything.

I know exactly what you mean, I am like that sometimes. I want to know the answers for this too, thanks for asking.

Its o.k. dont try to force anything.