Can tricyclen lo be used as a morning after pill?

Okay so exactly one week ago yesterday, I took my pill. (This was my first week of pills, the friday) But something I'de eatten didn't agree with me and I threw it up a half an hour later. Since then I've taken my pills as normal.

Last night I had sex and we used a condom but there was leaking. I've heard some bc pills can be taken and have the same affect as the morning after pill. Does anyone know how many I'de need to take for ortho tricyclen?

Hmm I see. Thank you for your info. Does anyone know if it's true that if you keep taking the pills for 7 days then you should be safe again? I thought I read that once but my pills packet of info dosn't specify.

• sara
    Favorite Answer

I don't think it can, because it's a low dose pill. Go to the pharmacy and get Plan B if you're worried. Also, you'd have to take a LOT of pills (a whole pack I believe is what the doctor told me) to have the same effect as Plan B, and that's unhealthy unless your doctor prescribes the right kind.

In short, no, it can't be used as emergency contraception because it's a low dose pill, so please go to the pharmacy and get Plan B.

Good luck!!!

EDIT: If you take the pill for seven days after, generally speaking, you should be ok. Because it works by stopping ovulation and thickening cirvical mucus, so if you keep taking them, you won't ovulate. The only problem is on the off chance that you ovulate right after your period, the pill won't work right away because your body has to get used to the hormones to stop ovulation. That's why they say if you take OTC-Lo the first day of your period you're protected right away, but if you take it later you have to wait a week or a month. Does that make sense? If not I can try to explain it better.

Source(s): On OTC lo too.

You need to talk to a doctor for this. I would never get medical advice from strangers, without medical degrees, on the internet. Most physicians will tell you not to do what you are thinking of doing anyway because it's not the same and can be very dangerous.

tricyclen can't be used for emergency contraception.

http://ec.princeton.edu/questions/ecother.html

If you go to this website and put in your zip code it will help you find somewhere to get emergency contraception in your area.

http://ec.princeton.edu/

Just go buy plan b