Whats the best zombie movie?

I've really been getting into zombie movies lately.

What are the best ones?

Which ones do yall like the most?

And which ones are the cheesiest, that I shouldn't waste my time on.

The ones I've seen already are:

Resident Evil Trilogy

Shaun of the Dead

28 Days Later

I've seen I Am Legend too.

Favorite Answer

What are the best ones? Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead (both the old and the new), Day of the Dead, 28 days later, Shaun of the Dead, Pet Semetary, Zombi 2 (coz of the awesome shark biting scene), City of the Living Dead and the Re-animator for the gore, Dead Alive (aka Braindead) for being the movie with the most blood ever, more recently, there is Diary of the Dead which is a documentary-style movie, REC is also very scary and became the basis for the inferior Quarantine

Which ones do yall like the most? Dawn of the Dead

And which ones are the cheesiest, that I shouldn't waste my time on - There are so many crap zombie films like Premutos, Dead Snow is upcoming and it doesn't look nice, Redneck Zombies, Children of the Living Dead, The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies, Pet Semetary 2.

Source(s): I have seen all the films I listed above but here is a useful wiki site: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_zombie_films
  • hoxha

Good Zombie Movies

Original "Dawn of the Dead" - 1978. But if you'd like to see an old movie that may have been the first zombie movie, check out "White Zombie", 1932 starring Bela "Dracula" Lugosi (Rob Zombie named his rock group after this movie). Another good older one is "I Walked With a Zombie", made around 1943 I think, it has very eerie atmosphere set in a tropical island with lots of voodoo.

There is a shitload of awesome zombie films like Dead alive aka braindead, 28 weeks later, detention of the dead, evil dead 1981, poultrygeist, dawn of the dead 2004, dead snow, quarantine, [•rec 2], Zombieland, Shaun of the dead, black sheep, planet terror, and lots more

• julian6 years agoReport

Oh yeah there is also return of the living dead, land of the dead, crazies, toxic lullaby, and slither. And the one you might hate would be world war z, warm bodies and I am legend

Like someone has already stated 28 Days Later and I Am Legend are NOT zombie movies, as they are simply infected human beings NOT "the living dead." Resident Evil, however, is a zombie series as the T-virus reanimates dead tissue.

I personally love Dawn of the Dead (both versions), Night of the Living Dead, Land of the Dead, Resident Evil 1, Shaun of the Dead, and the tv mini series Dead Set. Planet Terror was pretty good, but I'm not sure if that's technically a zombie film either. I don't remember if the gas actually kills the people and reanimates the body or if it just deforms them and makes them bloodthirsty creatures.

Diary of the Dead was awful and a total disappointment especially since it came from Romero. Pet Semetary II was very lame, Pet Semetary I was tolerable. Return of the Living Dead 5: Rave to the Grave was the absolute worst zombie movie I've ever watched, but there are sure to be worse movies out there.

• julian6 years agoReport

I don't think planet terror is a zombie movie you retard

Try these

Dawn of the dead

Fido

Dance of the dead

Night of the Living Dead

Versus

The Evil Dead

Serpant and the Rainbow(Semi Zombie)

Pet Cemetary(Semi Zombie)

Return of the living dead

The Best Zombie film ever made is Lucio Fulci's "Zombie 2" (1980)

this one can only make you feel like you wish you were in the grave

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AnBwU...

yeah the only ones i liked were twenty-eight days later and to a lesser extent twenty-eight weeks later and the starting of dawn of the dead was awesum not so much the rest of it but there are two new zombie movies coming out somewhat soon twenty-eights months later hopefully the best of triology and world war z those should be good.

my all time favorite is Dawn of the Dead by George A. Romero.

so why isn't i ma Legend on the list?

I likes 28 days later too