K R asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

What is the cheapest way to frequently check my FICO credit scores?

I want to refinance a large loan. I expect that my credit score has taken a beating from too much credit card debt, but I can take a 401k loan and pay it off, as well as several other actions to improve my credit report. I want to refinance as soon as possible, ie. as soon as my middle score is 720, which means I have to check all three. What is the cheapest way to do this?

In the past I had a WAMU credit card which offered my credit score on a regular basis, but when they sold to Chase, Chase discontinued that feature.

Favorite Answer

You can purchase FICO scores for Equifax and TransUnion at MyFico.com. Consumers cannot purchase FICO scores for Experian anymore.

TransUnion and Experian use Vantage (scale to 990). Most third party monitoring services use Fakko (their own formula). That score you got from WAMU probably was a Fakko.

CreditKarma.com offers a free score estimator that's sorta like FICO, give or take 50 points or so. You might try this and then when close, purchase actual FICO scores from MyFico.com.

If you pay off all credit card balances, you should see improvement in yoru score within 60 days, depending on when the credit cards update.

I was on the same situation and this site helped me HTTP://CREDIT.QUOTESDEAL.NET

RE What is the cheapest way to frequently check my FICO credit scores?

• MadMan

You can buy a monitoring service from www.MyFICO.com.