Book ideas for 7-year-olds?

I'm starting to create my book list for my 1st grade students. I need some good ideas! They're really into chapter books right now. Some of the ones they really enjoy are the Judy Blume series, The Boxcar Children, and Junie B. Jones. My girls like The Babysitters Club Little Sister books, and my boys enjoy R.L. Stine's Goosebumps (parents are ok with them! They want them to read!)

I hope you can give me some good ideas! I don't know all of the new books out there, and I've already pushed my favorites on them (Judy Blume and Boxcar Children).

Favorite Answer

Girls: Cam Jansen, American Girl, Little House Chapter Books, Katie Kazoo Switcheroo, The Jewel Kingdom Books, The Princess School Series, Magic Attic Club, Hannah Montana Chapter Books, My Secret Unicorn, Rainbow Magic Series (The Jewel Fairies, Weather Fairies etc.), Disney Fairies, Mary Kate and Ashley Mysteries

Boys (And some are good for girls too): Magic Tree House, Secrets of Droon, Animal Ark, Encyclopedia Brown, A to Z Mysteries, Bionicles, Easy Chapter Book Series on Spiderman or Speed Racer, Jigsaw Jones, Boxcar Children.

Hope you get a chance to take a look at each of them.

Source(s): Our home "Library"

These are some of the books that I enjoyed when i was about seven:

Gruesome Twosome

Enid Blyton books (incorrect spelling)

Goosebumps

Biff and Chip books

The bear under the stairs

Mucky mable

The Rainbow Magic series

Elmer

Charlie and Lola

Mokey Joe

The Witches

Mommy laid an egg

Demon teddy

Georges Marvellous Medicine

Willy Wonka

Horrid Henry

I hope that is helpful!

• Lilo

Baby sitters club are great! I personally hate Judy Blume books but, that's okay.

My daughter is 8 and in the 3rd grade and loves Diary of a Wimpy Kid, it is so popular there is a wait list to check it out from the schools library, and we already put her on the list at Boarders to get the new one!!

While she is waiting for that one she is reading Dear Dumb Diary, it is like Diary of a Wimpy Kid but from a girls point of view!!!

Those may be kind of advanced for your class, but you never know my daughter read advanced books when she was in 1st grade.

Another good series is Diary of a Fly, they also have Diary of a Worm, and Diary of a Spider, all VERY FUNNY even I laugh.

• njnic

Ready Freddie Books

Horrible Harry is great

Flat Stanley is great and you could incorporate fun projects with the character.

The Zack Files

Roald Dahl

I used to like reading Morris Gleitzman (dont know if i spelt it right) books. It's good for both boys and girls.

Jacqueline Wilson books are good too. (for girls)

Chris Pike's Spooksville series is good for boys and girls. (whoever likes children's horror stories like Goosebumps)

Source(s): Childhood.

Roald Dahl books.

the goosebumps books are really good for kids that age:D

i think they will enjoy a couple of them

I heard that kids like I-spy books.