Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

Hey, Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me?

I'm not sleepy and there is no place i'm going to.

MQ-Dylan's version or the Byrds

----------------------My Version---------------

Hey Mr Tamborine Man, play a song for me

You know we all love you and don't want you to go

Hey Mr Tamborine man, tell a joke to me

You know that we care and we want you to know

• Jesse
    Best Answer

The Byrds

One of the things that always earns a TD for me is that I can't stand Bob Dylan's music. I don't like his voice, his guitar work is nothing special, and I've almost always hated the harmonica. The only song of his that I like is "Hurricane". I'm not denying Dylan's impact on society or place as a rock legend, I'm just saying his work has never been my cup of green tea.

Source(s): Lara Croft, heroine of heavy metal

If you want to feel where the words come from Dylan, no one expresses them better than he. Even though the Byrds do a good version, it was done more for the radio and the ears. I hope Mr. Tabourine Man does not go for long, sometimes we all need a break.

take care

dave

I actually heard it first by The Byrds on the radio and I loved it. I have since of course heard it by Dylan and love how he sings it. Watching him sing it on video and the feeling he shows, I guess I'll go with Dylan.

I didn't know Mr. Tambourine Man had left. That's sad. I will miss him and hope he comes back soon.

Farewell, Sir Tambourine. I can't blame you for leaving. Stay cool.

I prefer Dylan's version. However, I prefer The Byrds' version of "My Back Pages," a Dylan composition. For what it's worth.

Dylan song for today: Hurricane Favorite Album out of those: Before the Flood no contest

Ok wow.... I just did this..Great minds think alike...

Dylan's, as it was his and I just have so much dislike for Covers.. In the Byrds defense though, they did do one heck of a job..

Correct Double "J".. This place, and our beloved R&P'ers are just too easily missed..

I feel confident he shall return. As I recall Honorary Walrus dipped out for a minute but was unable to stay away.

MA: Dylan.

Dylan's, I really don't care for the Byrds at all

Your version of the song kind of summed up what alot of folks are thinking, Riki.

As my name change may indicate, i'm really missing him too :(

I hope he comes back too.

mq: I think Dylan's version for today

Mr. Tambourine Man. :(

We didn't know each other well (or at all, really) but I enjoyed his questions/answers

MA: Bob Dylan