Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

Hey, Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me?

I'm not sleepy and there is no place i'm going to.

MQ-Dylan's version or the Byrds

----------------------My Version---------------

Hey Mr Tamborine Man, play a song for me

You know we all love you and don't want you to go

Hey Mr Tamborine man, tell a joke to me

You know that we care and we want you to know

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Jesse
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

The Byrds

One of the things that always earns a TD for me is that I can't stand Bob Dylan's music. I don't like his voice, his guitar work is nothing special, and I've almost always hated the harmonica. The only song of his that I like is "Hurricane". I'm not denying Dylan's impact on society or place as a rock legend, I'm just saying his work has never been my cup of green tea.

Source(s): Lara Croft, heroine of heavy metal
  • 1 decade ago

If you want to feel where the words come from Dylan, no one expresses them better than he. Even though the Byrds do a good version, it was done more for the radio and the ears. I hope Mr. Tabourine Man does not go for long, sometimes we all need a break.

take care

dave

• 1 decade ago

I actually heard it first by The Byrds on the radio and I loved it. I have since of course heard it by Dylan and love how he sings it. Watching him sing it on video and the feeling he shows, I guess I'll go with Dylan.

I didn't know Mr. Tambourine Man had left. That's sad. I will miss him and hope he comes back soon.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Farewell, Sir Tambourine. I can't blame you for leaving. Stay cool.

I prefer Dylan's version. However, I prefer The Byrds' version of "My Back Pages," a Dylan composition. For what it's worth.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Dylan song for today: Hurricane Favorite Album out of those: Before the Flood no contest

• 1 decade ago

Ok wow.... I just did this..Great minds think alike...

Dylan's, as it was his and I just have so much dislike for Covers.. In the Byrds defense though, they did do one heck of a job..

Correct Double "J".. This place, and our beloved R&P'ers are just too easily missed..

• 1 decade ago

I feel confident he shall return. As I recall Honorary Walrus dipped out for a minute but was unable to stay away.

MA: Dylan.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Dylan's, I really don't care for the Byrds at all

• 1 decade ago

Your version of the song kind of summed up what alot of folks are thinking, Riki.

As my name change may indicate, i'm really missing him too :(

I hope he comes back too.

mq: I think Dylan's version for today

• 1 decade ago

Mr. Tambourine Man. :(

We didn't know each other well (or at all, really) but I enjoyed his questions/answers

MA: Bob Dylan

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.