Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
Does this product work?
I want my hair to grow longer and saw this in a magazine at my salon...
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
I would take the vitamins, but not use the shampoos or conditioners because of the chemicals they have in them like Propylene Glycol and SLS...
Many beauty products on the market have harmful chemicals in them; do your favorite beauty products contain any of these things?:
* Mineral Oil, Paraffin & Petrolatum – Petroleum products coat the skin like plastic, clogging pores and creating a build-up of toxins, which in turn accumulate and can lead to dermatological issues, like slowing cellular development, which can cause you to show earlier signs of aging. Suspected cause of cancer & Disruptive of hormonal activity.
* PARABENS – Such as methyl- propyl- butyl- & ethyl- parabens: Widely used as preservatives in the cosmetic industry (including moisturizers). An estimated 13,200 cosmetic and skin care products contain parabens. Studies implicate their connection with cancer. They have hormone-disrupting qualities – mimicking estrogen – and interfere with the body’s endocrine system.
* Phenol carbolic acid – Found in many lotions and skin creams. Can cause circulatory collapse, paralysis, convulsions, coma and even death from respiratory failure.
* Propylene glycol – Used as a moisturizer in cosmetics and as a carrier in fragrance oils. Shown to cause dermatitis, kidney or liver abnormalities, may inhibit skin cell growth, and is a skin irritant and sensitizer.
* Acrylamide – Found in many hand and face creams. Linked to mammary tumors in lab research.
* Sodium laurel or lauryl sulfate (SLS), also known as sodium laureth sulfate (SLES) – Found in car washes, engine degreasers, garage floor cleaners… and in over 90% of personal care products! SLS breaks down the skin’s moisture barrier, easily penetrates the skin, and allows other chemicals to easily penetrate. Combined with other chemicals, SLS becomes a “nitrosamine”, a potent class of carcinogen. It can also cause hair loss. SLES is sometimes disguised with the labeling “comes from coconut” or “coconut-derived" - and is found in many popular body washes and toothpastes!
* Toluene – Poison! Danger! Harmful or fatal if swallowed! Harmful if inhaled or absorbed through the skin. Made from petroleum or coal tar, and found in most synthetic fragrances. Chronic exposure linked to anemia, lowered blood cell count, liver or kidney damage, and may affect a developing fetus. Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) contains toluene. Other names may include benzoic and benzyl.
* WAXES – Such as Paraffin, Candelilla Wax, Carnuba Wax: Waxes are widely used in cleansing creams, eye creams, and moisturizers. Waxes clog pores, creating blackheads and whiteheads. They also smother the skin, which over time creates an enlarged pore problem.
* Lanolin – A yellow, semi-solid, fatty secretion from sheep’s wool is widely used in skin and beauty care products. It can cause an allergic reaction in some people, as well as enlarged pores.
* Acetone – Used in nail polish and nail polish removers, this colorless, volatile liquid is often used in astringents, fresheners, or clarifying lotions. It is extremely toxic and will dehydrate the skin, while speeding up the aging process.
* ALCOHOLS – Such as Isopropyl Alcohol, SD Alcohol 40, Ethyl Alcohol: Alcohols dissolve the body’s natural moisturizers and strip the skin of its protection, leaving it vulnerable to infection. Alcohols destroy skin’s pH balance, and since they absorb water, they speed up wrinkling.
* FD&C – When this abbreviation precedes the name of a color, it means that the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) has certified it as safe for use in drugs and cosmetics, but not food. D&C colors are usually synthetic, coal tar colors. They’re toxic and should be avoided when at all possible.
* Dioxane – Found in compounds known as PEG, Polysorbates, Laureth, ethoxylated alcohols. Common in a wide range of personal care products. The compounds are usually contaminated with high concentrations of highly volatile 1,4-dioxane, easily absorbed through the skin. Dioxane’s carcinogenicity was first reported in 1965 and later confirmed in studies including one from the National Cancer Institute in 1978. Nasal passages and liver are the most vulnerable. Dioxane is easily removed during the manufacturing process by “vacuum stripping”.
Warning: It is a synthetic derivative of coconut. Watch for hidden language on labels, such as “comes from coconut”.
IF SO, you should throw them away IMMEDIATELY and Tell ALL your friends and family!!! (Extra-virgin olive and/or coconut oils are great alternative moisturizers, and they contain natural sunscreens, until you find something else without these toxins) Hope this helps!!! Good luck!!!!!Source(s): http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/index.php http://www.ecomall.com/greenshopping/skin.htm http://www.herballuxuries.com/mineral-oil.htm http://www.organicconsumers.org/bodycare/toxic_cos...
- Red ♣Lv 71 decade ago
No. Unforently, There is no possible or proven way to make your hair grow faster. Some people say Vitamins, But it doesn't work, and you would just be wasting your money. The best thing for you do is to keep your hair healthy. Stay awa from heat and chemicals(If you do use heat, Use a Heat protector.). Trim every 4-6 weeks(Basically the 'key' to growing out your hair, Split ends do and Will cause breakage.), Deep condition every so often, If you have naturally dry hair, Wash it every other day, atleast, If you have naturally oily hair, Wash it every day with shampoo for your hair type.
- 1 decade ago
Hi there, they have vitamins out there for Hair,Skin,Nails that would be the best. Or if you want a cheap vitamin, prenatal vitamins are super cheap. Just get like the Wal Mart brand. Don't wash your hair EVERY SINGLE DAY! Try every other day, that is much healthier for your hair. If you want a shampoo that will help your hair grow, try Aveda Rosemary Mint. Rosemary is known to increase hair growth. (Don't use it if you color your hair, because it will fade the color.) Hope that helps ya!
- vandykeLv 45 years ago
Yeah, this is why i do no longer facebook anymore. (whilst did *facebook* grow to be a verb?) As for solutions, properly, maximum of my solutions are particularly valueless besides. consistent with probability some leisure fee each and every now after which for the reason that I do tend to crack myself up each and every so often..