Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 decade ago

How much does an average wedding ring cost?

Favorite Answer

The national average spent on an engagement ring is between 2000-4000.

What is suggested for the engagement ring is 5 percent salary

So if you make 20,000 consider spending 1000

30,000= 1500

40,000 = 2000

50,000 = 2500

60,000 = 3000

70,000 = 3500

80,000 = 4000

100,000= 5000

Only spend what you can afford. The wedding bands without stones are very inexpensive under 100 dollars, with stones they can be a couple thousand to several thousand

ETA only people making 140k/annually should consider a 7000 dollar ring unless they really want to and have saved up that much money

The average sized diamond purchased is 1/2 carat which is (.44-.58), this is growing in trend, it was once 1/3rd carat (.29-.36) not too long ago, but at one time (over 100 yrs ago) it was 1ct on average

Source(s): I am diamond certified and have worked as a jeweler

Average Wedding Ring Cost

Average cost over 3 grand.

• Pookie

Whats your budget?

Spend what you have, and search around....dont spend what you dont have.

My partner spent $5000 on my engagement ring (I love it- but i would ve equally as happy if it cost 200). Were looking into getting wedding bands for the both of us for under $1000

The sky's the limit. As a contrast to the other numbers thrown around, my band was $70 on sale (it's white gold); and, while my husband would like to get another one now that our financial situation has improved, I'm just as married with it as I would be with a more expensive band. So figure out your price range and then look at rings within it and choose what you like.

Good luck and have fun shopping.

The engagement ring cost about 3.3k.....but she wants a simple wedding ring for everyday wear (hiking, camping, gardening, etc.)....so we are going with simple, engraved, tungsten bands...less than 1k

Probably around $5-10k based on the medium income. Of course, it depends on the quality of the ring and where you buy it as well. One of the best places I know of is Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/b?node=9539894011&tag=simple...

You don't have to deal with such a big markup like you would if you bought the ring at a jewelry stores. Seriously, some of those stores mark the price up ridiculously high.

It depends on what you want. My engagement ring is a pearl because I did not want a diamond. My ring cost under 300, i think. And it is lovely.

Average Cost Of Wedding Rings

the band isnt so expensive, it is the engagement ring is whats usually expensive. I would say around 7,000 for the ring and the wedding band, is how much people usually pay