Why do people look at Jehovah as a cruel and unjust God? when he Never punishes anyone without warning first?

When he Never punishes anyone without warning first, many times with More than one warning is given.

Favorite Answer

Yeah...I wonder the same thing myself. How is it bad when Jehovah tells people to love everyone, do not steal, do not kill, do not commit adultery, honor parents, teach children to do good, treat others as you want them to treat you? When people decided to go against Jehovah's teachings (harming other human beings) and he lovingly telling them to repent and to do good or they will suffer the consequences. How is that cruel?

Look how merciful Jehovah was when pronouncing judgment against the Ninevites in Jonah's days. The whole city repented and Jehovah spare their lives. How is it wrong to follow the perfect God's guidance? And his guidance is only to benefit us when we obey. How is it Jehovah cruel when he gave us the perfect way to live peacefully among ourselves if we follow what he says?

Is it God cruel? Or are humans arrogant having the spirit of Satan the Devil?

People's arrogance shown in their answers is the same arrogance that shows up by not looking at the Bible and the reasons it gives for Jehovah's actions.

People will isolate a scripture without looking at the complete account in the scriptures.

Or they will not take into consideration the customs and traditions as expressed in the account and will totally misunderstand what is being said.

And of course it is imperfect human nature to express how we feel about something rather than to give God's standards the proper due.

Source(s): One of Jehovah's Witnesses
  • Helene

Any one who really reads the Old Testament knows that Jehovah God is and has always been very mercifull . People who think the God of the OT is different than that of the NT do not know who God is. Malachi 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Because they do not know him. He is a God of love, mercy and always gives warning and chances to change before executing judgement.

• I had asked the same thing like this also. they rather blame Jehovah and the devil never does nothing. when they lose someone, blame Jehovah, when something goes wrong, blame Jehovah.

because the reasons people give for the punishments are petty and insignificant, so the one doling out those punishments is therefore unjust.

It not Jehovah, per-say, that punishes people.

It's the Watch Tower and the elders. My question is, just who do they think they are to decide how their god would want people punished?

My, how arrogant of them.

Jehovah, I imagine, never meant for this religion to get so out-of-hand. All people are created equal in God's eyes, They just seem to conveniently forget that.

My guess would be because they do not like his ideals of justice and that they have done something similar and do not want to think of being punished like that.

• punch

LOL, OK, I'm warning you. If you ask this question again I'll kill your entire family. I'm warning you, so that must make it OK.

Because their blind and ignorent to bible and decide to take it out on God for their relatives deaths and illnesses and for suffering in world.