Is this fiction or nonfiction?

Okay, so I wrote a short story for a regional writing contest but I don't know whether to enter it as fiction or creative nonfiction. The story is about a girl's struggle with anorexia, but it focuses more on a real struggle with anorexia than with the girl, and does not include any specific events. Basically, the only fiction involved is the girl herself because I made her up and the hospital setting. The rest is a real struggle of an anorexic. So what category should I enter it in? Please help!

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

It's fiction. Just because there are real aspects doesn't make the story true.

• 1 decade ago

It's fiction. Creative nonfiction would be if you wrote about a true event like the civil war and told it from the third person point of view without changing any events from what really happened.

• 1 decade ago

It's a fictionalized story. No matter how close to real fact, you have fictionalized it by making up the main character.

• 1 decade ago

Fiction, even if it is based on actual events, or is a composite of real events.

I would only enter a piece as nonfiction is I were trying to convey an accurate account of something.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well, if the majority of it is fiction, then I would enter in as a fiction story. I hoped I helped!<3=D

• 1 decade ago

I'd enter it as fiction. While the subject material is very real (and more power to you for writing about something like that!), the central character is fictional.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hmm that's quite difficult...

I would say fiction, because you choose to write a story about it, and it isn't based on an exact, particular event which has happened. You could say it's fiction based on fact maybe.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Health Fiction, because you made up the story.

• 1 decade ago

fiction because even though most of it is real the made up girl makes it fiction

• 1 decade ago

Fiction, because you made it up. Nonfiction is anything that ACTUALLY happened. Fiction is just everything else...

Source(s): I read a lot of books!
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.