Ending of "2001: A Space Odyssey"?

K, I just finished watching the movie for the first time, and I don't understand the ending AT ALL! I know he just finished shutting down HAL, then he gets a video saying there is life under a crater on the moon or something. Or was it Jupiter? Anyways. After that, there's a section of lots of colors and... show more K, I just finished watching the movie for the first time, and I don't understand the ending AT ALL! I know he just finished shutting down HAL, then he gets a video saying there is life under a crater on the moon or something. Or was it Jupiter? Anyways. After that, there's a section of lots of colors and you feel like you just took crack. Then it's in this mansion, and I was thinking, maybe this is the future when he's back home? Then there's that thing on the bed and that black projector screen thing. Then you see this giant, creepy baby thing that is going to give me nightmares! I Don't get it! Is it supposed to be like this, or dose it actually say something! Please help me!
2 answers 2