can you tell me if having a key electric meter, is cheaper than pay normal quarterly by bill?

I've heard that its cheaper to have an electric key meter than paying quarterly than having to get a bill every quarter and them adding on VAT etc.

Best Answer

They do say it's more expensive on a pay as you go key metre, however, with me, I found it much much cheaper!

They wanted me on £30 per month for a paper bill, where as on my key metre I can get by with £20 a month and that's with 3 people here!!!

But from what I am told, this is not usually the case with key metres.

Guess I'm lucky!

Maybe go for a key metre for now, and then change later on?

The largest denomination currently in circulation is the $100 bill. All others have been discontinued. The largest ever was the $100,000 Series 1934 Gold Certificate featuring the portrait of President Wilson. These notes were printed from December 18, 1934 through January 9, 1935.

No it is not. Stick to your quarterly bill. Its also worth shopping round to find the best provider. U-switch is a good comparison site. There is a weekly standing charge added when you have a meter. Its stupid really. Meters are supposed to be for poorer people who struggle to pay there bills yet they end up paying more for there energy!!

I think that a pay meter is much more expensive than a quarterly bill.

I'm on prepayment meters for both gas and electric, it may cost more but I prefer it because monitor my monthly outgoing/usage better.

As someone mentioned use sites like uswitch.com and moneysupermarket.com to compare.

people say that the quarterly bill is cheaper

either way one bad company to be with is scotis power

A key metre is more expensive, the cheapest way if you can do it is to pay monthly by direct debit.

No it's not, they like to rip us off.

Source(s): Being poor
  • John S

No, it is not cheaper.