can you tell me if having a key electric meter, is cheaper than pay normal quarterly by bill?

I've heard that its cheaper to have an electric key meter than paying quarterly than having to get a bill every quarter and them adding on VAT etc.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

They do say it's more expensive on a pay as you go key metre, however, with me, I found it much much cheaper!

They wanted me on £30 per month for a paper bill, where as on my key metre I can get by with £20 a month and that's with 3 people here!!!

But from what I am told, this is not usually the case with key metres.

Guess I'm lucky!

Maybe go for a key metre for now, and then change later on?

• 4 years ago

The largest denomination currently in circulation is the $100 bill. All others have been discontinued. The largest ever was the $100,000 Series 1934 Gold Certificate featuring the portrait of President Wilson. These notes were printed from December 18, 1934 through January 9, 1935.

• 1 decade ago

No it is not. Stick to your quarterly bill. Its also worth shopping round to find the best provider. U-switch is a good comparison site. There is a weekly standing charge added when you have a meter. Its stupid really. Meters are supposed to be for poorer people who struggle to pay there bills yet they end up paying more for there energy!!

• 1 decade ago

I think that a pay meter is much more expensive than a quarterly bill.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I'm on prepayment meters for both gas and electric, it may cost more but I prefer it because monitor my monthly outgoing/usage better.

As someone mentioned use sites like uswitch.com and moneysupermarket.com to compare.

• 1 decade ago

people say that the quarterly bill is cheaper

either way one bad company to be with is scotis power

• 1 decade ago

A key metre is more expensive, the cheapest way if you can do it is to pay monthly by direct debit.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No it's not, they like to rip us off.

Source(s): Being poor
  • John S
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

No, it is not cheaper.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.