Does your health insurance premiums keep going up?

My husband's is $800 a month.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Wow that's high, but not unheard of.

My insurance is through work and each year the price is guaranteed for the year, but it seems to go up every year when the plan renews.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That is ridiculously high. I think mine went up just a bit this year but they usually don't have a huge jump. I have to provide insurance for the people who work for us so I did a lot of studying before I went with MetLife. They haven't really done any big raising of rates on us but we have had to do some switching around on some policies.

Peace, Love & Happiness

• ?
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

a number of the perfect value controls proposed contained in the bill did not make it into the perfect law, specially the prevalent public determination (nonetheless unmarried payer might want to were more beneficial positive than that). Of the cost controls that are contained in the regulation, a number of them are in position now, like that in case your wellbeing coverage organization spends too a lot on non-wellbeing care prices, they ought to mail you a verify. although the most excellent value controls, which ward off large will advance 365 days to 365 days, do not kick in until eventually calendar 365 days 2014, no longer economic 365 days 2014. a number of insurers were increasing their prices for the perfect few years in simple terms before that date. once human beings can research prices on public exchanges, it truly is going to likely be harder to have such severe prices. back, that could want to nicely be a ways more beneficial effective if a public determination were competing on that substitute too.

• Gigi
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Yes it does. In an effort to keep it down, my insurance company lets me pick bigger deductibles or less coverage. I've cut back a little on coverage and increased my deductible to keep the premium down.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Everybody's goes up (unless they scale back coverage). As the cost of health care increases, the insurance companies have to pay more for care, so they pass it on to the policy holders.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Our yearly premium doubled this month. Sucks! 133 a year to 266 a year.

• 1 decade ago

About health insurance can be read in http://new-insurance-2009.blogspot.com?q=health%20...

• 1 decade ago

You don't get healthier and younger and inflation doesn't help either. If you're paying that much then you should be looking into an individual plan.

• TJ
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

yes, they're all going up & up

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.