Jasmine asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 1 decade ago

What are the natural herbal remedies and exercises to control high/low blood pressure?

Looking for more suggestions on the treatment of Low blood pressure.

Thanks everyone for your ans.

Best Answer

Blood pressure reading depends upon several things

1. Age (BP slightly increases with advancing age)

2. Mental activity ( Tension, fear, grief etc causes increase in BP)

3. Food habits (Highly seasoned food, cholesterol etc also increases BP)

4. Diseases (Many disease conditions like kidney d/s, lung d/s may cause high BP)

5. The position when reading your Blood Pressure

So many causes are there, any way these are the general rules for controlling your BP.

FOR HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE

-Avoid excess use of salt

-Avoid meat, fish, fast food, fried foor etc

-Drink plenty of water

-Sleep at least 8 hours at night

-Keep mind clean...be cheer full

-Walk at least 1/2 km per day, preferable in the morning on empty stomach

this 7 advises will reduce BP with in one week....sure!

Herbal remedy Rawolfia or Allium Sativa can be used for reducing blood pressure. It has no side effect at all. Its taste is a little bitter. (Please listen this an information only. Dont use any medicine with out consulting a doctor)

Low Blood Pressure can be corrected by the reversal of the above 1st and 2nd advices.

Herbal Medicines for increasing Blood pressure are Viscum Album, Natum Muriaticum etc...but only after consulting a doctor.

After all the most important thing is to understand the causes of high/low blood pressure, and just try to overcome that before going for Medicines. Hope this can help you...bye for now

You should read "The Blood Pressure Solution" (also available in electronic format, watch the video presentation here: http://www.fixbloodpressure.com ) It's a very comprehensive step-by-step book that walks you through the natural remedies of high blood pressure. It provides you with a lot of information on what foods to eat, how you can acquire and prepare these foods, how you can change your lifestyle for the better, how to eliminate the toxins from your body, how to reduce stress, how you can check your blood pressure level the correct way etc.

The book is amazing in that it not only lowers your blood pressure without the help of medications; it also aids you in having a life that is healthy, happier, and less stressful. This book chanced my life.

Very generally - avoiding sodium (white table salt) and canned/processed foods that are usually high in sodium; getting enough sleep - inadequate sleep can raise blood pressure; drink enough water - dehydration can also be a factor; lose weight if you are overweight; regular exercise is also important. Have your Vitamin D3 levels checked next time you do blood work and if they are low as most people's are, begin supplementing with it. Niacin is a vasodilator (it opens up blood vessels) and you might consider trying that with your doctor's OK. Build your meals around fresh fruits and vegetables that are naturally high in fiber, water and potassium and naturally lower blood pressure. Focus on celery, tomatoes and garlic - all being studied for the blood pressure lowering properties. Be sure to practice stress management techniques.

3 years ago, I was diagnosed - hypertension with a reading of 160/100. I used to feel dizzy a lot, my legs had awful cramps, and levels were very low in my potassium, causing my fingers and toes to always cramp together. One day I started to feel really faint while I was driving with my daughter in the back seat and I passed out, hitting 3 cars and ending up in a ditch. That moment,I knew I had to do something because my meds weren't working. I heard about this diet from a friend and thought I'd give it a shot. The results have been remarkable. In just 21 days, I honestly can't remember feeling this good, my blood pressure went from 175/110 to 125/70.

• ?

A good remedy for blood pressure is to eat lots of potassium which is found in bananas. Hope it helps.

I am told that any exercising at all, especially walking can lower blood pressure or keep it in good levels.

I walk as fast as I can for an hour every day. Seems to work great.

Have a juice of fresh cucumber everyday before breakfast daily will stabilize your blood pressure.

• SHIVA

Do whatever you like ,like walking ,jogging ,yoga and eat salt less food and less proteinacious food but never stop taking your alloepathic tablet of reducing bp....you should do all this while taking your medicine so that your dose will not increase and you can live healthy life..

Source(s): banjaran

For low bp you should increase salt and have coffee and tea. For high bp ou have to do lot of physical activity and avoid fatty, oily, spicy food.

Reduce your sodium intake and lose weight.

Stop smoking.

Eat a low fat/ low cholesterol diet.