How long after my hearing date (date of denial) can the State of Florida deny my unemployment claims?

I filed unemployment and the state of Florida denied it. It went to a hearing and the referee denied my claim as well due to my actions not being in the best interest of the company. I heard that there is only a certain amount of time that the state can deny my claims before I am legally entitled to the weekly payout. Does anyone know if that is true and, if so, what is the time-frame? Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Based on what you wrote they found you were terminated on the grounds of "misconduct" therefore relinquishing your ability to collect unemployment. There is no such thing as a certain time frame to reapply. The only way you would be eligible is if you secure another job and if you are laid-off or its a constructive discharge. You would have to work a total of 26 weeks regardless if it has been through 20 different jobs within an 18 month period, but beware. All former employer(s) pay a percentage into your U.I. benefit. If U.I. determines the former employee was terminated with cause the employer is off the hook and doesn't have to pay anything. U.I. has already determined you were not eligible for the benefit due to "misconduct." Therefore, lets say you worked at this place for 12 weeks. You cannot use or include this 12 week work period to meet the total 26 week requirement to collect since it has already been determined they had grounds to terminate your employment.

the time frame is after you have worked 16 weeks you can collect, sounds crazy right, but that is what it is

edit = by the way you are not legally entitled to unemployment

feeble minded sixteen 3 hundred and sixty 5 days olds can legally date yet intercourse is unlawful sixteen 3 hundred and sixty 5 days olds that have everyday intelligence understand adult men that age are after one difficulty and oftentimes can no longer get it from females of their age team because of the fact they're outcasts that have not got any pals.