Do Gay people (for the most part) wear certain types of perfumes or cologne to attract another?

I've smelled a particular perfume on women that I assumed might be gay and the perfume seemed to be a scent that I've smelled before on a Gay person. Do Gay people wear a certain or particular type of perfume or cologne to draw attention to a possible prospect? I'm not trashing or making fun of Gay's at all, I just want to know if there is a particular scent they use to quietly say "i go this way".

Well, I know 3 gay people in my circle, not personally. But I've smelled this particular scent before on all of them, all the same. Maybe coincidence, but I guess they just like the smell...

• Oberon
    Favorite Answer

all you have to do to know what we will be smelling like, is go the any department store and check out the latest fragrances. typically, we like what's new. we get bored easily with older products, especially if more and more people start using it.

this is how trends on the LGBT work. we start them, become comfortable with them, own them, if you will. then the rest of the population starts getting into them. we all enjoy them for a while. then when everyone that their dog is used to it - we abandon it for something new.

we are always about 2 steps ahead.

today, for example, I'm just wearing some D&G.

Source(s): personal experience
  • gehme

I don't wear any scents. I don't know anyone who uses scents for that purpose. It isn't difficult to get the point across to another gay person that you're gay without saying anything, cologne or whatever totally unnecessary.

If you know people who all wear this particular scent, maybe they picked up using it from each other because one of them first wore it and the others liked it.

Well Gay people tend to be trendy so it is likely they just all bought the hot new fragrance.

Side note - OMG in the lat 80's early 90's Obsession by Calvin Klein !! I loved that scent!!! So many men got laid just for having it on!!!!

I have a bottle in my desk right now!!!

Not really. People in general tend to wear cologne, aftershave or perfume, whether they are gay, bi or straight. I don't wear any scents.

LoL, yes, we spray ourselves with this special gay perfume! lmao, no, no different from anything any straight person wears....everyone likes different scents, you know people who all like the same one

• Why yes, yes we do. We also have a secret handshake, our own language and we keep a supply of fairy dust on hand for special occasions. Oh and there's an underground railroad we use too, it gets us to all the events, sales and parties first. Moving on!

(I'm being funny here)

haha ummm i really doubt it, i think you choose the scent on what type of person you are and what you like! i know you weren't trying to be rude but it's a little silly, think about it! its like saying is there a certain way a gay person walks...haha

• Clint

No, it's just a matter of personal taste.

But it wouldn't be a bad idea. I'll bring it up at the next meeting ;)

• Micol

Why yes, but you will not find it on the shelf, you will have to ask for it and the clerk will pull it out for you. It's called "Hard On"

Maybe they just have the same taste.